Established Member
ficohelp

New Grading by CB's ???

Does anyone have any info about a new grading system that has been implemented for lenders?  Apparently there are grade levels, A, B, etc.....how do we as consumers obtain these?
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Re: New Grading by CB's ???

Do a search for "Vantage Score"
Moderator Emeritus
fused

Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (09-16-2014): EQ 824, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

Established Member
ficohelp

Thank you both.  This information is very helpful.  I have done research on Vantage Score and now I want to get one.  I am curious as to what mine will be...Wells Fargo uses them.
Moderator Emeritus
fused

ficohelp wrote:
Thank you both.  This information is very helpful.  I have done research on Vantage Score and now I want to get one.  I am curious as to what mine will be...Wells Fargo uses them.

Wells Fargo uses them! Oh no! How did you find this out?
Credit Profile -
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

Frequent Contributor
cfstr1

I think it will be quite sometime before the vantage scoring models are widely used. I would focus on getting FICO scores up. Besides, if one has a good FICO score then any other score models should be comparable.

In terms of Vantage scoring I hear that it only counts the last 24months of account history. Which can be great if the last two years had near perfect payment hisotry.
Moderator Emeritus
fused

cfstr1 wrote:
I think it will be quite sometime before the vantage scoring models are widely used. I would focus on getting FICO scores up. Besides, if one has a good FICO score then any other score models should be comparable.

In terms of Vantage scoring I hear that it only counts the last 24months of account history. Which can be great if the last two years had near perfect payment hisotry.

Actually, I believe they look at the full seven years with a greater emphasis on the most recent two years.
Credit Profile -

Established Member
ficohelp

I spoke with a loan rep...she informed me how different it can be...some higher FICO scores may score lowere on Vantage and vice versa, so I am curious about mine...she told me payment history plays heavy in the equation. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+