cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Grading by CB's ???

Established Member

New Grading by CB's ???

Does anyone have any info about a new grading system that has been implemented for lenders?  Apparently there are grade levels, A, B, etc.....how do we as consumers obtain these?
7 REPLIES
Moderator Emeritus

Re: New Grading by CB's ???

Do a search for "Vantage Score"
Moderator Emeritus

Established Member

Thank you both.  This information is very helpful.  I have done research on Vantage Score and now I want to get one.  I am curious as to what mine will be...Wells Fargo uses them.
Moderator Emeritus

ficohelp wrote:
Thank you both.  This information is very helpful.  I have done research on Vantage Score and now I want to get one.  I am curious as to what mine will be...Wells Fargo uses them.

Wells Fargo uses them! Oh no! How did you find this out?
Frequent Contributor

I think it will be quite sometime before the vantage scoring models are widely used. I would focus on getting FICO scores up. Besides, if one has a good FICO score then any other score models should be comparable.

In terms of Vantage scoring I hear that it only counts the last 24months of account history. Which can be great if the last two years had near perfect payment hisotry.
Moderator Emeritus

cfstr1 wrote:
I think it will be quite sometime before the vantage scoring models are widely used. I would focus on getting FICO scores up. Besides, if one has a good FICO score then any other score models should be comparable.

In terms of Vantage scoring I hear that it only counts the last 24months of account history. Which can be great if the last two years had near perfect payment hisotry.

Actually, I believe they look at the full seven years with a greater emphasis on the most recent two years.
Highlighted
Established Member

I spoke with a loan rep...she informed me how different it can be...some higher FICO scores may score lowere on Vantage and vice versa, so I am curious about mine...she told me payment history plays heavy in the equation.