Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Guy Question on a $28 Collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Guy Question on a $28 Collection

I just checked my Credit report for the First time in Years. The only Neg is a $28 by a Collection Agency. I don't know what it is for, CR says nothing. It is dated 7/05.
It is Dated the same Month I moved from Ks to Florida for a 3 Mo Vacation before finding a place. I am assuming it must be from a Utility Company. They always seem to say You owe them money even though You have a Deposit up of More them what a Bill could be and they should owe You Money.

Question is? I would like this off my Report, as it's only $28 Bucks and I would have Paid it if I had gotten a Bill. Even if I don't owe it I would still pay it, if I could get them to take it off. I think it might be the electric company. I wonder if I can Deal with them if it is so, or do i have to deal with the collection agency. Or could I file a dispute with the CB even though it's 2 years old?

Suggestions?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Guy Question on a $28 Collection

Dispute it with the credit bureaus, and if it comes back verified, send a PFD. No phone calls.....everything in writing. That was a major lesson i learned on this forum!!! Good luck to you!
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with flygirl dispute it with the credit bureaus first and then PFD if it comes back verified. Do everything in writing. You can dispute with the CRAs online once you obtain a credit report from www.annualcreditreport.com. It will have a dispute section. You could try that.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

PFD - Payment for Deletion. That was just in case you weren't aware. This is a good idea, but it doesn't always work. For $28, hopefully they will just do it, but you never know. Keep your fingers crossed.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.