Did you mean: 

New Hard Inquiries Disappeared?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Hard Inquiries Disappeared?

JUST SAW ANOTHER THREAD ON THE SAME TOPIC - PLEASE DISREGUARD 

Good Morning,

New to the forum here (first post) and I did not see an answer to my question - my apologies if the answer is somewhere else.  I recently started rebuilding my credit after some stupid decisions in my teens & early 20's. 

i began using Credit Karma just to get an idea of my scored and what is showing up on my reports. And it's helped me knock a few things off.  I went from about 545 to 632 (can't wait to bump up to "Fair" in just 8 points, then GOOD).

Anywho, my question is I applied for some cards and got approved for $1000 on the Cap 1 Quicksilver card.  Then I got denied on the Cap 1 Venture card, Amazon Card, and a 7-10 day message on Barclay's rewards.  Most of those showed on my Trans Union and Equifax a couple days ago, and now they are not listed as hard inquiries.   Do you think they still showing on my report somewhere else?

PS: Is it worth trying to back door any of the denied applications?  I am just trying to get a card with 0% interest to finance a Macbook. Otherwise, I will just work on bulding my CL on my Quicksilver card.

Thanks,

Brandon

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Hard Inquiries Disappeared?

Welcome to the forums. You really need to find out what your true FICO's are. You can sign up for creditchecktotal for a free 7 day trial.

Your hard inquries will show back up again. Transunuion has a few glitches going on right now, so don't worry, they will be back.

Capital One doesn't really have a back door number.

Chase and Barclays you can try a recon.

What do your credit reports look like?

Do you have any baddies? Meaning lates, chargeoffs or anything else derogatory?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The worst that has happed was my vehicle repo in 2013.

Other than that I have 3 derogatory remarks.  2 of them for about $80 that i am about to pay off this week.  And then one derogatory from a few years ago for about $600 which I am about to pay off.  One late payment last year on my student loans, but everything else is up to date.

So student loans up to date, and I am about to pay 2 of the 3 derogatory remarks immediately.

I have a few hardinquiries from this week that I will slow down on and really work to rebuild now. Maybe just work on incresing my Quicksilver card limit.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need to find out your real FICO scores.
Message 4 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Need to find out your real FICO scores.

+1

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.