Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Here

tag
cliccmade
Contributor

New Here

My name is Marcus and I am sick and tired of bad credit.

My journey started about 10 years or so ago during a time where I was native about the true aspects of credit and how it should be used. Now I sit before you at age 30 with sub prime credit, a ton of debt, and tired of the continuious circle. It must end now.

I'm done ranting now lol.
CH 7 filed 2/24/14 TU 572
Discharged date: 6/06/14
$500 Secured USBank Platinum
$700 First Premier Bank
$2000 Merrick Bank
$1300 Fingerhut
Goal 620 by 12/1/2020
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Here

everyone needs a good rant!!!

I really think they should have classes in highschool teaching you about your credit responsibilty!! People need to be informed of it, and most people(myself included) was also young and naive and opened whatever I got apporved/ pre approved for! Hey, it was like free money at the time... boy was I wrong!!! I jsut recently found this site, and you will be able to fix your credit as well!! I have allready gotten a few things deleted from my CR!

SO welcome to MYFICO, I'm sure you will be here all the time now! Its addictive!
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to say welcome, this board is a great road map to have handy on the journey to healthy credit.
Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 8
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

Hi Marcus and welcome! My score was 533 last summer.I am now at 652. Just keep reading everything here and ask questions. In no time your score will rise. With hard work and patience you can overcome bad credit and debt!
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

From my early 20s to  mid 30s, i've always had bad credit. Applied for a mortage twice and even tried a residential lease and was declined everytime. Same thing happened here with the credit card fever. Young and reckless, I didn't know any better about my credit obligations. No one game me advice or any tips on how to keep my CRs clean when i was younger. Now im  getting into my late 30s and finally i'm trying hard to raise my scores. It's a long process to recover but it takes a long time.

Thanks
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marcus
Most of us on these boards started in the same position you're in right now. 

I recommend 30-45 minutes three times a week or more on this site taking in all the great advice.  Then print up your credit report and develop a road map.  Once you've developed a plan, work that plan.  Come back to this site as often as necessary for advice.

This is a powerful resource, and CAs and other creditors hate informed and empowered consumers.  Learn your rights.  Learn the process.  Fight well.

Keep everyone posted.  The support here is amazing.  Keep it up and it will become addictive.
Message 6 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

cliccmade wrote:
My name is Marcus and I am sick and tired of bad credit.

My journey started about 10 years or so ago during a time where I was native about the true aspects of credit and how it should be used. Now I sit before you at age 30 with sub prime credit, a ton of debt, and tired of the continuious circle. It must end now.

I'm done ranting now lol.

Don't feel bad. I didn't start until this past August at age 33. I didn't have any CC debt, only because I could never get approved for a single card to get that CC debt.

Better late than never!
Message 7 of 8
cliccmade
Contributor

Appreciate it my friends!
CH 7 filed 2/24/14 TU 572
Discharged date: 6/06/14
$500 Secured USBank Platinum
$700 First Premier Bank
$2000 Merrick Bank
$1300 Fingerhut
Goal 620 by 12/1/2020
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.