Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Mint credit scoring applet

tag
Moneyklutz
Frequent Contributor

New Mint credit scoring applet

Logged in to my Mint account tonight and realized they upgraded the credit scoring applet to include much more info (along the lines of CK) about my EQ report.

Strange part is that it matches perfectly my FICO score number (from here) rather than the CK pretend numbers...

Any one else using Mint seeing this too or is it just happen-chance and circumstance on my part?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Mint credit scoring applet

Mine's the same for a month now, more data and says I am 773 EQ (I'll take it)

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Mint has accurately tracked one of my EQ FICOs since the start, but I can't remember WHICH FICO.  Not 08.  Maybe 04?  Or one of the many flavors, maybe bank card.  I can't recall but it definitely was nowhere close to CK FAKO and always the same as one of the FICO variants.  

Message 3 of 6
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

I'm not a fan of Mint, I keep my personal finances in Quicken and don't need their bill reminder service and I'm not giving anyone my banking logins. But I have an account for the EQ score as free EQ scores are hard to get, and just logged in and checked out the new score interface, it is nice.

Mint gives me an EQ score of 721 for May, down 3 points from April - new inquiry from joining Penfed in early May, but doesn't include the new Penfed Powercash CC account. I don't know what scoring model they're using, as my CK EQ Vantage score is 710 and my Fico 08 EQ score is 689, but I'll take it!

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ is by far my lowest score.. my Mint score is reporting as 580  =O

My EQ MyFico 8 score is 642, my lowest score on Myfico is the MyFico 5 Mortgage score which is 589

I just can't catch a break with Equifax! 

Message 5 of 6
Moneyklutz
Frequent Contributor

...I just can't catch a break with Equifax! 

Heh I feel your pain...secretly I call EQ the 'Russian Judge' whenever my reports get updated Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.