Established Member
Leele

New SS #

I have pretty good credit but my SS# has been used several times by people w/o my knowledge....I always manage to clear things up and get the fraudulant info removed from my credit report.  Since this has happened several times I was thinking about applying for a new SS#.

Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Re: New SS #

Do you have fraud alert on your files? Sounds like you should.  
Established Member
Leele

Yes, but who ever is using my SS# continues to do so some way, it has mainly been through the utility companies and credit cards
Frequent Contributor
jenkins

yes this keeps happening to me by a relative who has the same name as myself, they are letting him apply for credit and get things without showing proof of his social and now i am fighting to get things removed

Starting Score: 643
Current Score: 657
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
monro411

That sucks!!!  I had a crazy thought to use my sons social security number.  He is only 4 months. By the time he is old enough to start using credit, everything will be cleared.  His name is the same as mine.  (just kidding-I will not try that)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+