newdeep

New Student Loans Hurt FICO Score??

I have a question. I am still a student. And I want to repair the damage I did as a freshman. I was wondering if new student loans hurt your FICO score? Each year I apply for loans they give me a subsidized and an unsubsidized loan. Now because I am splitting these 2 loans over the course of 2-3 semesters it sometimes shows up on my credit report 4 to 5 times. (ie Fall 2 times Spring 2 times summer 1 time.)
I know from experience they automatically show up as good credit - they are automatically deferred/paid as agreed.

I am wondering if new student loans are hurting me because they think that I am applying for too much credit when I am not. IF I don't get loans I don't go to school. Because of all of this I only have 2 credit cards. One was given to me by my employer without a credit check and the other is with Orchard. I have never gotten approved for another card. :smileysad:

Any help would be wonderful.

Starting Score: 530 TU FAKO
Current Score: 530 TU FAKO
Goal Score: 600+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Re: New Student Loans Hurt FICO Score??

You may notice a slight drop, but don't be concerned.
newdeep

Re: New Student Loans Hurt FICO Score??

Thanks for the input.

Starting Score: 530 TU FAKO
Current Score: 530 TU FAKO
Goal Score: 600+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+