cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Student Loans Hurt FICO Score??

tag
newdeep

New Student Loans Hurt FICO Score??

I have a question. I am still a student. And I want to repair the damage I did as a freshman. I was wondering if new student loans hurt your FICO score? Each year I apply for loans they give me a subsidized and an unsubsidized loan. Now because I am splitting these 2 loans over the course of 2-3 semesters it sometimes shows up on my credit report 4 to 5 times. (ie Fall 2 times Spring 2 times summer 1 time.)
I know from experience they automatically show up as good credit - they are automatically deferred/paid as agreed.

I am wondering if new student loans are hurting me because they think that I am applying for too much credit when I am not. IF I don't get loans I don't go to school. Because of all of this I only have 2 credit cards. One was given to me by my employer without a credit check and the other is with Orchard. I have never gotten approved for another card. Smiley Sad

Any help would be wonderful.

Starting Score: 530 TU FAKO
Current Score: 530 TU FAKO
Goal Score: 600+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: New Student Loans Hurt FICO Score??

You may notice a slight drop, but don't be concerned.
Message 2 of 3
newdeep

Re: New Student Loans Hurt FICO Score??

Thanks for the input.

Starting Score: 530 TU FAKO
Current Score: 530 TU FAKO
Goal Score: 600+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.