Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Theory/Solution for Medical Collections - your opinions

tag
Ausfarm
Regular Contributor

New Theory/Solution for Medical Collections - your opinions

I'm trying to help a friend get a medical collection off his CR that's being reported by a nasty CA, West Asset Management aka WAM (what an appropriate acronym to describe what a collection does to one's credit score).  Once WAM gets their teeth into your credit report they refuse to let go.  They don't do PFDs.  Anyway, we tried to contact the OC w/ a PFD at 50% if they pull the collection back, don't report...all the good stuff.  They responded that they only take 80% and they'll only show it was paid.  Well, that doesn't help.

In the alternative, we're thinking about asking the OC just to pull the collection back.  My friend had some history of payment so we're trying to say...hey we made a good faith effort to pay...just fell on some hard times...we'll pay you now just pull the account from collection...i want the money to go to you not some CA that really won't influence whether I pay you...(you get the idea).  Anyway, we're thinking that if they agree, then once the OC pulls the CA my friend can dispute.  Technically, the account is no longer a collection account, right?  Anyone see any fault in this logic.  Is this not a new idea?

Message Edited by Ausfarm on 12-04-2007 01:15 PM
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.