cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Tradelines in Credit Report .... looking back 8 mos ago !!!

tag
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: New Tradelines in Credit Report

Seems like something strange is going on, according to the information given. It's nice if it's helping, but at the same time could be a problem if something negative suddenly shows on those same lines.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 11 of 15
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks to anyone who can explain these to me. 

You have to do the research to determine what's going on.  As stated above, new tradelines that you just opened will not report back to 2012 and it's likely that if you have new accounts that opened in April that at least some of them are not reporting yet.  Carefully compare the details of the accounts on your reports to your accounts (e.g. look at limits, open dates, last balance, last payment, etc).

How often had you been checking your reports prior to this?  Make sure you're regularly reviewing your reports for accuracy and addressing issues and incorrect information.  At the very least make use of the Annual Credit Report site.

@Anonymous wrote:

I haven't checked my credit score since 2005 until April this year (2016), and I got 590-610.

You don't have just one score.  There are many models used by creditors.  For info on FICO models used by creditors hit the Understanding FICO Scoring subforum and read the stickies.  For most models you have a score with each of the 3 major CRA's.

@Anonymous wrote:

Is this good or bad? What I've read about tradelines, they can be bought? Or using someone else's good credit? Does this mean I'm using someone else's? I don't want these to become an issuse down the line if it's something fraudulent.

Don't rely on good and bad.  If they're not your accounts then you may need to handle them as identity theft (see the stickies) or they may be just an error.  Again, you have to investigate to determine what's going on.

@Anonymous wrote:

I have the screenshots of the accounts. I'm not sure I can upload it on here.

Sure you can.  Click on the Insert/edit image button.  Click on Choose File and browse to the image you're posting.  Or, if the image is hosted somewhere specify the URL to the image on the From Another Site tab.  This all assumes that you're browing from a computer and not from a phone.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

THD.jpg

Citi.jpg

Discover.jpg

Chase.jpg

WellsFargo.jpg

Don't know if this is going to show.  i cant find the insert and upload file. Sorry if it doesn't.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I need to get permission to get an image gallery added on to my profile? Perhaps a moderator can grant me access to post images? Thanks.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Tradelines in Credit Report .... looking back 8 mos ago !!!

@Anonymous wrote:

I wonder if someone can help me explain more on New Tradelines that are randomly showing in my credit report. I just recently started to fix my "credit problems". Filed for bankruptcy in 2005, Tax Lien (now released), about 9 delinquent collection accounts (are now ALL PAID for but still showing in my credit report. Dates 2011-2013). I haven't checked my credit score since 2005 until April this year (2016), and I got 590-610. I have a  secured card from my bank ($300) only because my bank account got hacked and my banker encouraged me to get a credit card. This was just last year, Feb 2015. Of course, I wasn't approved then, hence the secured card. I've been living off my debit card for 10 years until now. Basically, I don't have any credit history for 10 years. No car payment, no mortgage, no any form of loans. 

Fast forward April 2016. FICO Score 620-640. Applied for credit card just to improve my credit score and get perks and rewards that you see in the mail all the time. I now have: 1) AmEx Delta Platinum SkyMiles $1.5K, 2) Delta Reserve SkyMiles $3.1K, 3) Citi AAdvantage MC $4K, 4) Wells Fargo Propel AmEx $3K, 5) Chase Sapphire Preferred $9K, 6) Chase MileagePlus Explorer $9K, 7) Discover Secured $0.5K, 8)Wells Fargo Secured $0.3K,  9) CreditOne Platinum $0.6K, 10) First Premier $0.3K. I'm very happy to get these premium cards with my FICO Score. I got the last 6 cards in the last 6 weeks.  Utilization 0%. I pay it off as soon as I make the purchase. 

This is my dilemma. New Tradelines are showing in my credit report that "shows" I have a credit history since 2012. I know for sure I don't. These are assigned to some of my credit cards above. About 4 of my accounts have tradelines showing I have a credit history with those banks for since 2012. Is this good or bad? What I've read about tradelines, they can be bought? Or using someone else's good credit? Does this mean I'm using someone else's? I don't want these to become an issuse down the line if it's something fraudulent.

Thanks to anyone who can explain these to me. 

EDIT:

8 months from my 1st post on this forum, I have learned a lot from everyone on here. It seem longer than 8 months, though. The knowledge I have gained on here is just priceless. Wish I had knew about this a long time ago. BUT, it still bewilders me how those tradelines showed up on my account. And just one day, about couple months after I posted this, they were gone from my credit report. I still don't have any answers. And perhaps never will. It was like they appeared just to help me out when I needed it the most and then it went away with no trace. It gave me enough leverage to get the credit cards I wanted and boosted my AAoA. Once I was back on feet, they're were gone. Whatever it was, I am very thankful for it. I couldn't be where I am now without those MYSTERIOUS tradelines showing and giving me some sort of advantage. Although my length of history is now just 1 yr and 11 months, AAoA 7 months, I have the cards I needed to build that in time. 

Never heard of "seasoned tradelines" every again !!! 

This is interesting. Is this legal? Has anyone used this at all?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasoned_tradeline

https://superiortradelines.com/faqs/seasoned-tradelines/

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.