New USAA CreditCheck Service!

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: New USAA CreditCheck Service!

@Bmac66 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Bmac66 wrote:

This is timely. I have 2 credit cards with USAA and the free score they're providing when I click on one of my accounts hasn't been updated since 6/27.  Who do they pull? EX?  If so, it's way off. They have me at 617 when MyFico has my EX at 691. 

It's off because it isn't a Fico score.

They give us our Vantage score which is basically worthless. No creditor uses it.  AmEx is now giving us a free Fico score from TU, and it's right on the money! Now that's providing a useful free service!

you mean experian

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just cancelled the USAA credit score service. Logged on yesterday and I have been in a panic ever since after seeing my new score. I have always had excellent credit with a score in the high 700's, close to 800, occasionally over 800. Logged on yesterday under the new service and it showed 698 so I thought maybe I had some type of fraud. I went to myfico and paid for the service and it shows a totally different score, similar to what I've always had. Persoanlly, I don't care for the new service so I cancelled it. My cedit score was over 80 points lower under the new system with $32,000 less debt.

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bmac66 wrote:

This is timely. I have 2 credit cards with USAA and the free score they're providing when I click on one of my accounts hasn't been updated since 6/27.  Who do they pull? EX?  If so, it's way off. They have me at 617 when MyFico has my EX at 691. 

USAA pulls Equifax. I was speaking to them earlier this week and asked that question during the conversation.

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had the USAA credit monitoring service for several years now and have always taken their scoring system with a grain of salt. They were using the "PLUS" score and have recently switched to the "Vantage 3.0" score which in my opinion is equally as worthless.  I've called and cancelled my service since the new update and will not be continuing mainly because I have Credit Check Total for 15 bucks a month, USAA was only 12 a month but it's really redundant to have both, I think CCT is a better value all the way around and no FAKO scores to confuse the issue.  The whole "quarterly" and "monthly" idea of pulling YOUR credit reports is quickly becoming dated and will go the way of the dinosaurs soon in my opinion, there's just no real legitimate reason I can't see my up to date reports when I want to, RIGHT NOW if necessary.  The whole idea of having to pay for that information is ludicris in the first place.  

Message 14 of 21
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I was shocked to see that the daily pull service cost 35/monthly. I, of course, will not continue this service. Wayyyy too expensive.
Message 15 of 21
Brazzystar

Just logged into this service for the first time today; NOPE!  I'm canceling right now.  I've used it for years and it was very user friendly and easy to view any changes to my score and to determine why the changes occurred.  My scores dropped 100 points across the board with this "Vantage" crap score.  I'm  a 20 year member of USAA and this is EXTREMELY disappointing!  This is the first negative thing I've ever had to say about any of their services.

Message 16 of 21
Bmac66
Frequent Contributor

@Brazzystar wrote:

Just logged into this service for the first time today; NOPE!  I'm canceling right now.  I've used it for years and it was very user friendly and easy to view any changes to my score and to determine why the changes occurred.  My scores dropped 100 points across the board with this "Vantage" crap score.  I'm  a 20 year member of USAA and this is EXTREMELY disappointing!  This is the first negative thing I've ever had to say about any of their services.

You should write a comment on USAA's website on the community board. I did. If they get enough complaints and nobody is using it they will eventually change. It's just awful. I cancelled as well. 

Message 17 of 21
Brazzystar

@Bmac66 wrote:

@Brazzystar wrote:

You should write a comment on USAA's website on the community board. I did. If they get enough complaints and nobody is using it they will eventually change. It's just awful. I cancelled as well. 

It's nice to know I'm not the only one upset about this change.  Oh believe me, I will certainly be a part of the "squeaky wheel!"  I can't possibly fathom why on earth USAA made this change.  So disappointing...  

Message 18 of 21
Nocturnal
Contributor

I signed up for the $34.95/daily pull and the site is horrible. I tried giving it a few days to see if I could adjust but it's horrible and plan to cancel Monday.

TU FICO 2/14: 701
Message 19 of 21
SBSAKE

Is anyone using USAA credit monitoring service anymore ? If not service are you using ?

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.