SoulSmilen
Regular Contributor

Re: New VISA Check Card Commercials

Find another bank.  Smiley Wink
Message 11 of 16
Neblett
Regular Contributor

My primary point in my original post is that the implicit message in these commercials is that people who use cash rather than plastic slow things down and make it inconvenient for the rest of us.

I wonder what Dave Ramsay thinks?
Message 12 of 16
SoulSmilen
Regular Contributor

It wouldn't come into play for Mr. Debt Free; it's not credit.

Factually and logistically it does take less time to swipe one card with only 1 exchange of paper from the cashier to you than it does to count out money, give it to the cashier, wait for it to be counted again then input the amount into the register for the drawer to open, change to be counted out, then handed to you and counted again. Then you have the added time factor of waiting while someone puts money away and if you've ever been behind me on the few times I use cash, I would fully well understand the exasperation. My money has to be in perfect order, all bills facing the same direction, no bends or folds, denoninations together in descending order. It would be a pain for ME to be behind me in line.

LOL.. I know I'm being a butthead here, but the fact is, plastic IS faster to use. Some of the replies inferred it was like charging and CC use and that was the message the commercial was putting out; that's why I made sure to point out the difference and why the thread turned that direction.  Smiley Happy
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

it's not an issue for me, as i am never overdrawn. 

SoulSmilen wrote:
Find another bank.  Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the KKK ran commercials to lynch and burn black people, I wouldn't be persuaded to join in.
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

The problem I have with these commercials and the banks for that matter is they promote the visa check cards as if they were credit card and expect you to use them as if they were. They fail to realize that with the high rate of identity theft, getting burned on  a visa check card will cost you dearly compared to a credit card.  I learned that the hard way.  Luckily I had more than enough in my account so none of my checks bounced.  Now I only use it at the atm and thats it
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.