cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New VantageScore Version Rolled Out.....

tag
RSCo
Established Contributor

New VantageScore Version Rolled Out.....

Did everyone see the news yesterday that VantageScore now has a new version rolled out.. It's version 3.0...  One of the biggest advantages in their new scoring model is that it will ignore PAID collections, credit card or otherwise, provided they have a ZERO balance.. Also, they will start scoring payments to utility companies provided they report to the CAs.. They say some people could see a very substantial increase in their scores....  Just google new vantagescore version...

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

Re: New VantageScore Version Rolled Out.....

Link- http://finance.yahoo.com/news/vantagescore-solutions-introduces-vantagescore-3-130000872.html

Saw this yesterday. I'm intrigued by the fact that they are going to be using 300-850 as the score range. Not sure the model will ever be adopted on a large scale by lenders though.

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 2 of 7
awdsmama
Established Contributor

I know Credit Karma gives a vantage score, any idea if they will be using this new model?

Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
Message 3 of 7
RSCo
Established Contributor

@awdsmama wrote:

I know Credit Karma gives a vantage score, any idea if they will be using this new model?

The article I read yesterday in the USA Today indicated that all 3 credit agencies are currently, or soon will be, using it.. They also noted that 8 of the top 10 credit card lenders are already using vantagescores when qualifying people.. And 6 of the top 10 mortgage lenders are also using it..  I was surprised to read that as I was under the impression that many lenders don't use it.. It makes some sense given that I received an auto loan back in Nov and they said my score was 719 when in fact I knew MyFico was 670.. My vantage score has always been much higher than MyFico... 

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 4 of 7
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

@RSCo wrote:

Did everyone see the news yesterday that VantageScore now has a new version rolled out.. It's version 3.0...  One of the biggest advantages in their new scoring model is that it will ignore PAID collections, credit card or otherwise, provided they have a ZERO balance.. Also, they will start scoring payments to utility companies provided they report to the CAs.. They say some people could see a very substantial increase in their scores....  Just google new vantagescore version...

This is awesome! This is the only bad item I have on my report. A collection account from Verizon with a zero balance. My Vantage score on CK and TU should shoot up like a rocket now.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 5 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@RSCo wrote:

@awdsmama wrote:

The article I read yesterday in the USA Today indicated that all 3 credit agencies are currently, or soon will be, using it.. They also noted that 8 of the top 10 credit card lenders are already using vantagescores when qualifying people.. And 6 of the top 10 mortgage lenders are also using it..  I was surprised to read that as I was under the impression that many lenders don't use it.. It makes some sense given that I received an auto loan back in Nov and they said my score was 719 when in fact I knew MyFico was 670.. My vantage score has always been much higher than MyFico... 

Are you sure they used a Vantage score and not an Auto Enhanced FICO?

Message 6 of 7
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Vantage 3.0 has a changed scoring range to assimilate other scoring products. As known, all the different ranges and products are difficult for consumers to keep straight. Vantage 3.0 will also focus more on the most recent 2 years of payment history, not 7 for other models.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.