Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account appearing on credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New account appearing on credit report

Hi all! Im confused/concerned. I have a new account appearing on my fico credit morning as being reported 3/5/15 appearing as a charge account with an open date of 2/24 and a limit of 700 with no charges but none of my cards have 700 limits that I know of. How do I find out what this is?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New account appearing on credit report

go to equifax, experian, and transunion websites and start a dispute if you havent initiated any of these, also make sure you arent listed as authorized by any of your family members as well, or that one of your creditors transferred and upped your limit on an existing card.  You may look into a fraud alert if you havent created an account, sometimes these can be mistakes with people who have similar names.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all! Im confused/concerned. I have a new account appearing on my fico credit morning as being reported 3/5/15 appearing as a charge account with an open date of 2/24 and a limit of 700 with no charges but none of my cards have 700 limits that I know of. How do I find out what this is?

You got a J Crew account on 2/24 with a toy limit didn't you? Maybe they upped the limit after approval and before reporting.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did..I havent received the card yet though...

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I did..I havent received the card yet though...

That's probably it then. Cards often report before you get them.  Although any of the alerts I've had on the 3 bureau monitoring about new accounts has told me who the creditor was. I bought an online Experian report off the website months ago and wrote the report number down. Now I can view a new report any time I want for free. You just go to "view my report again" and enter that report number and you can see your updated report for free. Almost everything I have hits my Experian first. its a convenient way to at least keep an eye on that report and track of what's going on there for a small initial investment of 10 or 15 dollars or whatever I paid for the initial report.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.