Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New and looking for some help?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New and looking for some help?

Thanks for the help and suggestions.  Here is what I have and I need some help figuring out what to do next.

Account with a CA opened on 08/01/2004 for 125.00 with a status of closed

Account with a CA opened on 01/01/2004 that is on my report but was paid?

Account with a CA opened on 09/01/2005 for 54.00 with a status of closed

Account with a CA opened on 01/01/2005 for 131.00 with a status of closed

I also have a car loan with no negative history and a home loan with no negative history.  There is one credit card account with a couple of 30 day marks.

I am trying to clean this all up the best way possible to increase my score.  I will do whatever it takes, just looking for some guidance through all of the PDF, SOL, DV type stuff.  I have gotten really good at looking up acronyms so far!

Thanks for any advice.  Just looking for a place to start!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New and looking for some help?

Hi JH,  always keep in mind SOL.

Account with a CA opened on 08/01/2004 for 125.00 with a status of closed
     This means that the CA was assigned or bought the account 8/1/2004.....look at your CR for the OC  it will tell you the drop date (DOFD or DOL)   It is the OC that sets that not the CA!!!!!

Send a DV to these CAs...do not sign it  just type your name!   IF they do not answer within 30 days...disput with all CRAs reporting. ALSO send copies of DV, Cert# and paper,and copy of GC.

Tell the CRAs that the CA could not validate as it is *not mine*  therefore they can not verify!

Account with a CA opened on 01/01/2004 that is on my report but was paid?

When was it paid & to who?

30 day lates hurt the first 2 years...after that they hurt less.....IF the account is still open you can send GW letter. If the account is closed they might delete the TL instead of removing the lates.

Do you know what your SOL is?

Take your time & do it right.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 12-30-2007 01:10 PM
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.