Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New credit Sesame daily score

tag
tryingagain62
Contributor

New credit Sesame daily score

I got an email from Credit Sesame that they now offer a daily credit score for $9.95 monthly. Are they pulling one bureau daily? If so, do anyone know which one? I know this isn't a true FICO number, just a way to see progress or not.

(Mods, if this is in the wrong section, please move it. I wasn't sure where to post.) 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: New credit Sesame daily score

@tryingagain62 wrote:

I got an email from Credit Sesame that they now offer a daily credit score for $9.95 monthly. Are they pulling one bureau daily? If so, do anyone know which one? I knoe this isn't a true FICO number, just a way to see progress or not.

(Mods, if this is in the wrong section, please move it. I wasn't sure where to post.) 

They seem to be constantly SPing EX for me.  Ugh.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 2 of 7
kroberts67
Established Contributor

@tryingagain62 wrote:

I got an email from Credit Sesame that they now offer a daily credit score for $9.95 monthly. Are they pulling one bureau daily? If so, do anyone know which one? I knoe this isn't a true FICO number, just a way to see progress or not.

They use EX.

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 3 of 7
MidnightJester
Frequent Contributor

It def talks about Experian on their sign up page. I have a question about them off topic sorry.They ask for your WHOLE SS#. is that correct. Am I on the correct site. Seems weird to give whole SS# for a SP credit monitoring.

Message 4 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@MidnightJester wrote:

It def talks about Experian on their sign up page. I have a question about them off topic sorry.They ask for your WHOLE SS#. is that correct. Am I on the correct site. Seems weird to give whole SS# for a SP credit monitoring.

Out of curiosity why do you say that?

SSN's are uniquely individual identifiers (well, mostly) and can precisely target the correct report on a pull in addition to identity verification.

Re: CS new daily pulls and scores, I'm not taking the bite at it: my report doesn't change that much and if I want to get an EX score I'll spend the $20 here or whatever.  For the most part I don't need my FICO scores often (and I never need a FAKO regularly...), and really other than a mortgage / auto loan I don't much care as I can get a baseline from Wally anyway for FICO '08 as my reports are similar enough.

For me the once a month data refresh at the free level for CS, plus their free monitoring is good enough for my EX report tracking needs.

        
Message 5 of 7
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@tryingagain62 wrote:

I got an email from Credit Sesame that they now offer a daily credit score for $9.95 monthly. Are they pulling one bureau daily? If so, do anyone know which one? I know this isn't a true FICO number, just a way to see progress or not.

CreditSesame uses Experian.

CreditKarma uses Trans Union.

I've gotten used to not seeing my Experian score, since

a. Both CS and CK use a FAKO type model that can vary widely. (CK says I have a 663, but Barclay (TU) score shows 755)  For a while their scores were useful, now they're just providing an indicator of the direction, but nowhere nar the score.

b. My CreditSesame score has been N/A for six months now. Yes, NOT APPLICABLE. Apparently my credit file breaks their model.

So I have no reason to pay them since their free service is of questionable value to begin with, although each situation is different.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 6 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@tryingagain62 wrote:

I know this isn't a true FICO number, just a way to see progress or not.

Take a look at the CMS thread.  For a little more you can check up on all 3 CRA's instead of just Experian.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.