Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New fico-aholic

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New fico-aholic

Ok, I'm becoming a Fico-aholic, at least a Fico Forums-aholic. My husband thinks I'm obsessed, but this is an awesome site. All you people are really great for all the time you spend helping others with their credit. I guess there is a silver lining in bankruptcy. You find out how important your credit is.
 We discharged our chapt 13 in Apr '07 after 5 years and so have a lot of late pays on CC's from 5 years ago before inclusion in the bankruptcy, along with the court record on our CR's. We managed to get a couple CC's after filing and those have perfect payments histories so I guess our credit scores are not as bad as they could be, TU 598, EQ 666, EX 684. Our CC utilization is a little high yet but I'm working on that. Any advice to get our scores higher? Just wait for all these things to age off of our reports? Thanks for all your help.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New fico-aholic

Well you've got the hardest part out of the way. Right now work on getting your utilization down and the credit limit increases should come with that.  Don't know what you have now but once you get your utilization down,you may be able to apply for more favorable cards if that is your goal.

Remember time and responsible debt management is the most important factor in rebuilding your credit.  As you are already doing eyeball your report and make sure that everything that should be included in BK is and showing 0 balance owed.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your response - one question, I do have a Capitol One CC that is reporting as included in bankruptcy but also has a balance reported. I know that is not right. CB's are counting that in my total balance owed. Can I get that changed? And who would I write to, Cap One or CB?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same issue with a medical bill and the creditor was even updating the info monthly. I contacted EQ and they updated it and the next month, the creditor would report a balance again.  FInally I called EQ adv that because it was IIB BY REGS it should report a 0 balance.  Never had a problem since and it hassince fallen off my reports
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I'll try contacting the CB's about it.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

send copy of BK  showing Cap1 in it.......that should be the end of it
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.