Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New guy here someone help?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New guy here someone help?

Just joined and like many of you glad to be here and to think I was going to pay for credit repair... Anyhow I am going to start improving my reports today and wanted to ask this. I have read all the messages regarding SOL in Ohio. Most of my negatives on my CR are from CO's and are now at CA's. IF they are for CC what would the SOL refer to? Written or oral? Also I read the message on determining the original DFOD and am just confused...can someone help explain it to me in a "dummies" kind of way?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New guy here someone help?

klamb55 wrote:
Just joined and like many of you glad to be here and to think I was going to pay for credit repair... Anyhow I am going to start improving my reports today and wanted to ask this. I have read all the messages regarding SOL in Ohio. Most of my negatives on my CR are from CO's and are now at CA's. IF they are for CC what would the SOL refer to? Written or oral? Also I read the message on determining the original DFOD and am just confused...can someone help explain it to me in a "dummies" kind of way?

SOL for CC in Ohio is 6 years...CC are open accounts

I aggree it is all hard to understand but it really is easy.

DOFD = the first default payment.....the OC must report it when you are 90-120 days late. It is the OC that sets it........This is federal law.....it remains on your report 7- 7.5 years from DOFD....

DOLA = The date of last payment or charge......At times people will try to catch up & keep making payments even after the account MAY or MAY NOT be closed...it doesn't mean that you have caught uo on payments.....simply did something.

Most states go by DOLA for SOL.

You have CO turned over to CAs or assigned OR they were bought by the CA. You need to know which!!

I always tell new people...do not touch your CR if you are not ready to pay!!!!! A simple dispute can wake the sleeping giant!

IF you are past SOL or are ready to pay a CA.......you would send a DV letter   CMRRR
   The CA must answer within 30 days or stop reporting!  IF they answer and you are NOT past SOL you can send a PFD

link for newbies.....full of info.

simple SOL

Ask as many ??? as you need.

You can post all your COs in here with your SOL and members will try to advise you the best way to go about cleaning it up.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Think you're likely to get more help on this one in general credit issues
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

So everyone's recommendation is to at least start out by sending the DV's to all the CA'S?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.