Established Member
missdesire

New here and my issues...

Good Morning All
I am new to the forum. I just recently got back on track with my credit score EQ 701, EX 655, TU 634 and I am thrill. I just invested in a house and by doing that it has dropped my TU scored all the way down to 600. I received an email from my WAMU(Washington mutual) card letting me know that my TU score has dropped more than 20 points. When I logged into my WAMU account and noticed that it went down to 600 I almost had a heartattack. I didn't even attempt to look at EQ and EX because I did not want to be even more depressed. My credit report does not have anything negative on but 4 inquiry  that I know would have also been the cause for that. I am planning to buy a new car in Dec, providing that my current car last that long, and I would love to get the lowest possible rate. I have two student loans that I am paying on time every month, two credit cards one with a high balance of $889 and my credit limit is $1000 and I just made a payment of $400 yesterday so now I have $489 left to pay off and the other CC high balance is $1061 and my credit limit is $1200 and I just paid $400 yesterday so now I have $661 left to pay off. I'm never late on any of my payments.
So now I'm just waiting to see how that would affect my score. I also just made a 6 months payment on the house that I just invested on. I am planning to sell the house in about 6 months.
I am crossing my fingers hoping that my credit is fine by the time that I go and purchase the car.

I would like to know, maybe it was already asked, how long would it take to update the credit scores? I've heard that it takes from 3 months to actually  see any results in your score.

Sorry if I was rambling.
Established Contributor
trinigal

Re: New here and my issues...

Welcome MissDesire,

Yes, unfortunately it can take up to 3 months to update:smileysad:. But more than that, I notice that although you've made and plan on making large payments to your credit cards, your util is still a little high i.e. abouve 30%.  You'll get more points if you can get it down to below 30% and even more points if you can get it to between 1-9%.  Also since you've been paying on time every month, you could try for a CLI which would help your util even more.

So, I'd say, work on getting your util down.

Others may have other suggestions.

ATB!!

-trini
Established Member
missdesire

Thanks.. I am planning to pay my cc balance by the end of this month..wait.. by the end of August. I just don't want to be in the 600's anymore. I want to be in the 700 and above club.
Established Contributor
trinigal

missdesire wrote:
Thanks.. I am planning to pay my cc balance by the end of this month..wait.. by the end of August. I just don't want to be in the 600's anymore. I want to be in the 700 and above club.

That's what we all want honey, that's why we're here:smileyvery-happy:

I think paying down the cards will really help.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+