Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New here have questions like everybody else

tag
Macchamps75
Regular Contributor

New here have questions like everybody else

Well guys and girls, I am new here. I have went threw a lot of posts and still have a few questions. I signed up for the MyFico credit monitor. Here are a few questions related to my credit report:

1.) I cancled my home phone at my last house, I figured that when i closed the phone account with verizon they would turn off my DSL also. But they did not. So i had that sent to collections as they sent my bill and letters saying i need to pay to my old address and i did not get them.  How long am i stuck with this? I have paid the 25 dollars in full ha ha. Anything i can do?

2.) I had a local cell phone company that at my old house would hit a tower in the next state and would charge me roaming charges. I told them i was mad and wanted to end my contract. One thing leads to another i pay them and then i get another 350 dollar bill they sent it to collections, i have since paid the local company ( Not the collection company ) Is there anyway i can get this off of my CR?

3.) I have a few past dues from where i lost my job. Is there any way i can get these off? I know i was in the wrong but have since not missed. ( This was on 2 credit cards )

4.) When i was looking for a new car i was very stupid and let the dealer run my credit, The one dealer did it 4 times. So i this year i have had 12 people look at my report. Which from what i can see is 30% of the score. Is there anyway i can get these off? ( Stupid question i know )

5.) I had student loans that i paid in full but later after looking at my credit i was 3 months late because i sent all but 3 dollars due to there fees for a phone charge.  Is there anything i can do about this?

Thanks for all of your help. I have had a lot of stupid things in the past but i see now that i got to get this crap off of here.
3/04/2008: TU 555 EQ 532 EX 581
9/25/2014: TU 563 EQ 691 EX 655

Cards: CO 1500CL, CO 500CL CU 5,000CL
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
granny031350
Established Contributor

Re: New here have questions like everybody else

well no question is stupid IMO.  You need to begin by reading the Credit 101 threads.  Then start GWing and DVing the collection accounts and the cc companies. 
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.