Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New inq's from Dixon and Carte and Equifaxmtg, plus questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New inq's from Dixon and Carte and Equifaxmtg, plus questions

Hey guys, This is my very first post, I have a couple of questions, let me just start by saying what my scores were on 2/25/08 EX:700 TU:698 EQ:696

1 1/2yrs ago I was @ EX:596 TU:590 EQ:592, then I grew up and started to take responsibility for all my poor actions. know I've become obsessed. I watch every month and I'm careful for every action that take.

Now I was just reviewing my updated report & saw that I took a 32 point hit on my Equifax, and a 27 point hit with Transunion and a 6 points with Experian.

just recently got approved for a starbucks duetto chase 5600k I have 4 inquires with EX, but their are two that I'm not familiar with on my TU, maybe someone has heard of them? Dixon and carte/ Equifax mtg? here are the 2 dates that they pulled a hard, March 04, 2008 January 22, 2008, What the hell!

& this gets better, 3yrs ago their was a 60 day late on my capital one acct, I disputed & they were removed & paid as agreed, now their back. what does I do? will someone please drop some pearls of wisdom?

Oh yea I forgot to mention that a couple of years ago my mother enrolled into a debt management program they told me to add the capitalone in their so that the interest rate would be brought down some I bit the bait. So when I did that I didn't know that would set up for automatic acct, closing when paid off, witch I paid in full last month, but is still showing on my CR, but as soon as I enrolled into the program a couple of yrs ago, Capone no longer and any affect on my report.

Any kind of advice would be greatly appreciated

edited to add new thread title and paragraph breaks

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 03-09-2008 11:11 AM
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
tryingtogetitrightnow
Regular Contributor

Re: New inq's from Dixon and Carte and Equifaxmtg, plus questions

Welcome Pepper! I'm guessing the score drops are partially from the new inquiries and your average credit history being shortened by the new accounts.

Congrats on the score increases from 1 1/2yrs ago!

Starting Scores:10/09/13 EX ???; EQ 661; TU 668
Current Scores: 11/23/13 EX 655; EQ 679; TU 705
Goal Scores:700+ for all
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Mod note: this post was split off of the thread titled "Inquiries" on Credit Cards:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&thread.id=39913

pepper, if you're in Firefox, please be sure to click the box down at the bottom right of your text box called "Automatically convert carriage returns to HTML line breaks." That preserves your paragraphs, and keeps everything from turning into an unreadable blob. Smiley Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

if my history is being shortened, is it true that it will rebound in 6 months?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.