Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New inquiry drops FICO 76 points!!!

tag
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

New inquiry drops FICO 76 points!!!

I am completely and utterly stunned. How can one inquiry (Citibank credit card) drop my FICO so much? I just went from a 656 to a 580. This SUCKS!!!
Here we go again...
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New inquiry drops FICO 76 points!!!

FretlessMayhem wrote:
I am completely and utterly stunned. How can one inquiry (Citibank credit card) drop my FICO so much? I just went from a 656 to a 580. This SUCKS!!!

Something is odd.  Did you check all three bureaus?
Message 2 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Something else changed.. an Inq would never cost you 76 pts.
Message 3 of 7
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I got a Score Watch alert dated for August 12. I pulled my report from this site today and it indicates that my score is 656 again. I am unsure why it would dip like that for 1 day, but I did apply for 2 credit cards.

Any suggestions?

By the way, you guys here are great.
Here we go again...
Message 4 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Compare old and new reports side-by-side.
Message 5 of 7
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

The True Credit report shows no difference.

I ordered my remaining free Star Report thing from here and it showed no difference other than the new inquiry. It also had my FICO back to normal.

Could it have been a trick by MyFico to get me to use my last free Star Report so I would have to pay for more?
Here we go again...
Message 6 of 7
MM1234
Regular Contributor

I applied for a CITI Business card and got it but its looking like it cost me 8 points on my EQ. Lucky they only pull one CRA. Still 8 pts is a lot so your 76 is terrible.

I hope yours bounces back up soon. Sometimes there is a flux from month to month I heard so hopefully the system re-looks at that drop and fixes it.

Message Edited by MM1234 on 08-17-2007 08:46 AM
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.