Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New resident/social security - Unable to use myfico.com services

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New resident/social security - Unable to use myfico.com services

Hi there, I recieved my permanent greencard a few months ago, and a social security number - and im now looking to build my credit history. I already have a secured credit card, and i've been added to a family members credit card (who has outstanding credit) as a co-applicant. However, i've been told my a representative at MyFico that i can't use their services as the social security number needs to be 3 years old, and i need at least 6 months of credit acitvity before they can "verify me". Bit suprised at that. 

I already have an Equifax account and can see their credit score for me. 

Is this normal to not be able to get verified on MyFico?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New resident/social security - Unable to use myfico.com services

To give a bit more info... 

I signed up for the service today. I got a message saying that they needed to idenfiy me. When i phone up and they pulled up my questions, they said they were drawing a blank, and that the only reason for this would be due to my social being new and my credit history being new. 

Surely there are other members on here with new social security cards and no credit history who were able to access their Fico scores on here? I just don't buy the reason I was given. 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm using it with 8 months credit history. You do need to have six months, in order to have a score.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

To give a bit more info... 

I signed up for the service today. I got a message saying that they needed to idenfiy me. When i phone up and they pulled up my questions, they said they were drawing a blank, and that the only reason for this would be due to my social being new and my credit history being new. 

Surely there are other members on here with new social security cards and no credit history who were able to access their Fico scores on here? I just don't buy the reason I was given. 

It is not your SSN that is the problem.  As the other poster said, you need 6months of history to be able to generate a score.  Keep at it and you will generate scores soon.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.