cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to the Forum, have serious problem....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New to the Forum, have serious problem....

Here is my situation, my best friend sister is trying to accuse me of putting accounts in her name. About 4 years a gas bill was put in her name at my address, (how I have no clue), A bill or anything never came to the house. She wanted to press charges against me but decided not to. I still dont know till this day how that happened. Now here we are 4 yearl later now all of a sudden, she tells my best friend that she is pressing charges against me because of a Wachovia, First USA Bank, and a Citibank accounts are opened under her name. She CLAIMS the investigators have led the accounts to me and that an investigator is coming to my job and she wants me in Jail. I tell you I never did any of this. So, I went to go talk to a lawyer and he told me that she may be pulling my strings and If a investigator does come to my job, not to talk with him, just contact your attorney. This is totally frustrating, how can they trace that back to me when I never opened accounts under her name. And how weird is this, the Citibank credit card is open and current, now who is gonna open up an account in someone's name and keep it current. I've never even heard of a First USA bank credit card. She says it was open Dec 31, 2005. OK now that November my brother passed away, I was still dealing with that situation. I feel like I am being set up.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
mymoneynow
Regular Contributor

Re: New to the Forum, have serious problem....

Welcome to the forums! IMO listen to the lawyer that you spoke with, do not talk to anyone that may show up at your job. Do not talk to ANYONE about the situation at all. You stated that this is your best friend's sister. Unfortunately you do not need to talk with your best friend about the situation either. "No Comment" would be my choice of answer to the best friend from now on. Just tell best friend you are not discussing this further.

You can be accused of anything, but you will have to be proven guilty. In our day of computer records, all of these accounts are able to pull up customer info including payments for the account that you say is current. It would be fairly easy to see where the payments are coming from, thus proving you are innocent. The lawyers could obtain those records if this actually advances further than just talk. Some people just have to produce drama to have conversation, I am sorry you are on the receiving end of the drama play this time.

Keep your eyes and ears open, and your lips closed! 

Not applicable

Don't take this the wrong way, but has your friend's sister been evaluated for a mental health issue?

It almost sounds like this is something that she actually believes is going to happen.

I would follow the advice of the lawyer and the other poster, don't discuss this with anyone, not even your friend.

If she is going around and telling others this, then you need to talk to your lawyer about that. She can not go around telling people these things about you if they are not true and you can prove they are not true.

Message 3 of 9
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

The minute I read that I immediately thought.....HMMMMM something is VERY FISHY with this *sister*.  I seriously DOUBT that anyone is going to open a cc in her name and keep it current.

I wonder if she didn't open these herself and now wants to escape payment of the bill?  These creditors will have a payment record and should be able to trace whos accounts the checks were drawn on for these payments.

When this is all said and done (and you're cleared) I think I would sue the AZZ off that girl for false accusations, etc.

Both accounts will be able to pull (or should be able to) up the original application.  Don't talk to anyone, refer them to your attorney. 

Message 4 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Agree with others. Don't ever never talk to that person again. Warn once saying you'll call the police if she ever contacts you again. Keep a dialog with the attorney.

FYI, First USA (Bank One) was acquired by Chase in 7/2004 I believe. If you did open a CC using her info, you would have to have done it long before she said so.

Message 5 of 9
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Thanks Ilecs....the plot thickens.  She's trying to pull something here.  Doesn't she understand that filing a false police report can land her in some very hot water? 

OP:  Has she had other problems in the past with the truth?  Anything come to mind?

I'd steer very clear of her.....doesn't sound very stable.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much for all the responses, its been over a week now and I hadn't heard anything from anyone. As you guys stated, if she had all of this "so called" evidence I would have heard something by now, plus she has my cell phone number so if she wanted to get the investigators to speak with me she could have given them my number to get in touch with me. I still have my lawyer on stand by just in case they come up with some bogus information.
Message 7 of 9
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Block her calls.  There is no reason to speak to this nut.  If an investigator calls, refer to attorney. 
Message 8 of 9
GFer
Valued Contributor

Honestly, if a fraud and/or identity theft investigation was under way, the authorities do NOT give info out. My daughter had this happen to her by someone she knew and they gave my daughter NO info.

And you wanna hear something crazy? This individual opened these cards and DID keep them current. Because of the investigation they were closed. But there had never been late payments and were mostly pif.

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.