Lilly

New to the credit game - scores are low - TU 610 EQ 546 E...

New to the credit game - scores are low - TU 610 EQ 546 Ex 549 - want to buy a house - no credit cards - total of 4 acct with good - 2 acct 30 late 1 year ago - couple of coll paying off or already paid. How can I increase scores quickly.
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Re: New to the credit game - scores are low - TU 610 EQ 546 E...

Frequent Contributor
chartley3

Lilly,

Welcome to the boards. First off how fast do you want to buy a house?? My suggestion is to open 2 credit card accounts and pay on them for 6 months. Dont go over 10% of the credit limit. at this time the mortgage company would go off your mid score of 546 and you could probably get an Adjustable Rate Mortgage with 10-15% down at around 9-11%. However opening up a couple credit cards would do wonders for your score provided that you pay it on time and dont go over 10% utilization.
New Contributor
IsleSeat

chartley3 wrote:
Lilly,
Welcome to the boards. First off how fast do you want to buy a house?? My suggestion is to open 2 credit card accounts and pay on them for 6 months. Dont go over 10% of the credit limit. at this time the mortgage company would go off your mid score of 546 and you could probably get an Adjustable Rate Mortgage with 10-15% down at around 9-11%. However opening up a couple credit cards would do wonders for your score provided that you pay it on time and dont go over 10% utilization.

how could 546 be her mid score if that is the lowest? Explain...

June 2013: EX 787, TU 781, EQ 822

Starting Scores: EX 521, TU 508, EQ 486

I came straight out of Hell

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+