Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to this forum

tag
MikeRebuild
Valued Member

New to this forum

Hello, I just joined this forum in search of help. I had a BK7 in 2009 which was dismissed in early 2010. I have a state tax judgment, and a federal lien. My score was down to 640. Since that time, I opened three credit cards with premier bank (currently 900 limit), credit one bank (700 limit) and HSBC (600 limit). I managed to get a car lease via hyundai in 2012, although its a really high lease of 475 a month. I've satisfied the state tax judgment, but not yet the federal Lien. My credit score goes between 661 and 658. I have two inquiries listed, although one was a batch of inquries done at the time of the auto leasing and only counts as one on the credit report. i have one inquiry coming off in march of this year, and the auto ones coming off next january(2014)

I don't know what my next steps are. i want to get my FICO to 700. I've made every payment everywhere on time.

any suggestions?  do i keep trying to extend credit lines with existing companies? do i take a loan out and pay back? what else can someone advise?

Thanks

Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 687
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: New to this forum

Hmm.  How is your utilization on your credit cards?

If you can, pay two of them down to zero, and let the third report a small balance. 

Not sure if you can get 75 points out of that, but it should help.  Smiley Happy

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 2 of 3
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: New to this forum

@MikeRebuild wrote:

Hello, I just joined this forum in search of help. I had a BK7 in 2009 which was dismissed in early 2010. I have a state tax judgment, and a federal lien. My score was down to 640. Since that time, I opened three credit cards with premier bank (currently 900 limit), credit one bank (700 limit) and HSBC (600 limit). I managed to get a car lease via hyundai in 2012, although its a really high lease of 475 a month. I've satisfied the state tax judgment, but not yet the federal Lien. My credit score goes between 661 and 658. I have two inquiries listed, although one was a batch of inquries done at the time of the auto leasing and only counts as one on the credit report. i have one inquiry coming off in march of this year, and the auto ones coming off next january(2014)

I don't know what my next steps are. i want to get my FICO to 700. I've made every payment everywhere on time.

any suggestions?  do i keep trying to extend credit lines with existing companies? do i take a loan out and pay back? what else can someone advise?

Thanks

You need to let the accounts age...

If you keep applying for credit your AAoA keeps coming back down and needs to build back up...

Your rebuilding process isnt over night, it takes time....

Best way to get score increase would be to have the judgment paid and vacated....and have the Federal lien paid and removed...

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.