Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie Here

tag
slk08z06
Established Member

Newbie Here

Hello all I have actually been lurking around for about a week now after trying to do some research. It actually began after I received a collection notice for a bill which I thought the account was closed back in DEC 06. Boy was I wrong! It was reported to the CRA JAN 08, and keep in mind that I have not heard anything from these folks since speaking to them in DEC 06. I also have a few other BADDIE's (had a wild youth) and my scores as of 18 FEB are 586 TU, 560 EQ, and 556 EX. I have about 5 collection accounts, all of which are PIF (except this last one I received). Also, I have a capital one cc which was reported late 4 months ago b/c right now I am deployed to Iraq (got here FEB 07 and only six more months to go for a total of 18 long months!) and was unable to pay it in time. Two of my credit cards are PIF with 0 balances. The other two that I have are about 40% which I understand I need to keep between 1% and 9%, so I am all over that. I have disputed this latest collection account (and all others) with CRA. My goal is to bring my score up to 700 by the time I leave here. What do I need to do, to make this possible? If I am leaving anything out, please let me know. Thanks!
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.