Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie and unhappy :(

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Newbie and unhappy :(

Hello everybody,
It is my first time posting but I have been around watching and reading your informative posts..
I need an advice about my credit report and scores! .. I just pulled my credit report and found that I have a total of 4 collection accounts. totalling $378.00 they are very small ranging from $42 to $100.. 2 of them are medical, 1 is TWC, 1 is unkown !!!! the medical ones are 76$ and been reported back on 2005.. I have paid this one already but they were not able to proof that and so did i because i paid it in the practice and lost my reciept. I sent them a letter requesting a breakdown for the charges and payment history back on January 08.. and guess what???? they reported my for the second time as unpaid medical bill and now it is showing twice (same account number) on my report with 2 different dats ( 12/05 and 02/08) ..

my question is should I pay these collection accounts or just keep sending them letters ?? if I paid it , will it be ok to request a deletion later?

Also, one of the collection accounts is listed with no collector name/inccoplete account and I don't know how to get this info, any one know how to get detailed info ??

Thanks Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Newbie and unhappy :(

I would help but, you are a Dukie....just kidding....As far as the meds go I can shed some light but, not an expert.  How did you pay the med collection(check, cash, credit card).   If you paid by CC I would contact the CC company and get statements and the same if you wrote a check.  If you did cash them you might have your hands tied.  If you can't find proof that you paid see my post i did replied to about a med collection a few lines ago..can't remember the subject line..
Message 2 of 5
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello everybody,
It is my first time posting but I have been around watching and reading your informative posts..
I need an advice about my credit report and scores! .. I just pulled my credit report and found that I have a total of 4 collection accounts. totalling $378.00 they are very small ranging from $42 to $100.. 2 of them are medical, 1 is TWC, 1 is unkown !!!! the medical ones are 76$ and been reported back on 2005.. I have paid this one already but they were not able to proof that and so did i because i paid it in the practice and lost my reciept. I sent them a letter requesting a breakdown for the charges and payment history back on January 08.. and guess what???? they reported my for the second time as unpaid medical bill and now it is showing twice (same account number) on my report with 2 different dats ( 12/05 and 02/08) ..

my question is should I pay these collection accounts or just keep sending them letters ?? if I paid it , will it be ok to request a deletion later?

Also, one of the collection accounts is listed with no collector name/inccoplete account and I don't know how to get this info, any one know how to get detailed info ??

Thanks Smiley Happy

Hi Dukey, welcome to the "light-side" and out of lurkdom. You need to figure out your state's SOL and DOFD/DOLA, before doing anything. I would DV the CAs before PFD also. You can dispute with the CRA the duplicate account also.

You didn't pay by check, M.O. or CC? How did you pay?

You can find out who it is by looking at your full report from annualcreditreport.com.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for the response...
I have paid in ash and that's why I wasn't ale to proof this... and y the way what are this DV, PFD and others stands for???

Message 4 of 5
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Okay Dukey, I know that you are depressed after last night's beatin', but read the guide to abbreviations on the stickied threads.  Follow this thread  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&thread.id=52625

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.