Established Member
beth5293

Newbie to the forum here. I have been working really hard on my own for the past few months cleaning up my credit. Fixing a ton of inaccuracies! What is the point of a credit report if it isn't accurate??? There are a few items that I am unsure how to proceed with... (1) My mortgage with WAMU, at one point did legitimately go into foreclosure, however this was resolved, and we were put on a payment plan. The loan was sold to Countrywide at the beginning of 2007. My problem is that my CR has a Creditor's statement that says "foreclosure proceedings started" and under the account History is stated "foreclosure proceedings started as of Aug 2007. I have disputed with the CRA until I am blue in the face. I most recently sent a letter to WAMU about the issue as well (which I am sure that their horrible customer service will do nothing about). What should my next steps be? I know that my not be affecting my FICO, but as we apply for a new mortgage, I don't want the bank to see the statements regarding foreclosure. (2) I have 2 credit card accounts that went into collections. I paid them in full, however they were reported as charge offs. I was able to dispute them and they now show a 0 balance however the pay status shows "payment after charge off". How should I proceed? With a GW letter? Sorry for the long post.

447: 800
Current Score: 447
Goal Score: 620

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Re: Newbie

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+