New Visitor
Dcasanares

Newly divorced with bad credit

I'm recently divorced and when I was separated from my wife she created a lot of negative debt under my name.

Is there anything I can do to challenge this bad debt?
JohnnyKlopp

Dispute it with the credit bureaus.  Provide as much proo...

Dispute it with the credit bureaus.  Provide as much proof as you can.  That's about all I can tell you.
Visitor
mathmik

This should help!!!

You Should Be able to use your Seperation agreement ..... thats if you were Legallly Seperated. Its Like a binding contract.. Good Luck
New Contributor
madriley

My ex had forged my name as a cosigner on a credit card a...

My ex had forged my name as a cosigner on a credit card application and it went to collections. I paid it off to avoid a judgement but later on the bank agreed to delete it from my credit when I told them that she forged my signature.
SirBabyWawah

next time cancel you joint credit card acct. before you Divorce...

It is late now, but next time cancel you joint credit card acct. before you Divorce...
Moderator Emeritus
Brammy

A divorce decree does not protect you from joint debt.  D...

A divorce decree does not protect you from joint debt.  D did she forge your name to open this new credit?  If so you can dispute it under fraud which would cause the creditors to produce something showing that you did indeed open the accounts.  If these were joint accounts opened when you were still married or credit you co-signed for her you are, sad to say, on the hook for it.

If it is not your credit, the creditors and the bureaus alike my demand you take legal action which may land your loving ex in the pokey for credit card fraud.  That being said, if she did forge your name on docs, she deserves no less

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}