Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nextel / Afni

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nextel / Afni

DV AFNI - if Sprint/Nextel has no records then AFNI can't get them.....

Message Edited by Lady_Scarlet on 01-14-2008 02:07 PM
Message 11 of 19
myficomatt
Regular Contributor

How long does the CA have to validate this debt? I was under the impression that it was 30 days but after searching through these threads, it seems that they don't have a certain time-period.
Message 12 of 19
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

They have 30 days to validate, however, if they don't validate, then they can't collect from you...which means they can't report to the CRAs or anything. Dispute when you DV.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 19
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

This confuses a lot of people.  Actually, they can take as long as they want to try to validate.  They can't report or try to collect in between though.  So, you might DV now and not get a validation... but get that validation 3 years later.  Rare... but possible.  Obviously if SOL expires before they have validated, they are erm... 'SOL'.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are required by law to respond with 30 days (add 5 for mail time). If they don't validate then they can't pursue collection activity - thay does not mean they won't try (just means you have to force them to comply - AGs are pretty good at that one).

Message Edited by Lady_Scarlet on 01-14-2008 06:01 PM
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

sounds like me almost.i had two accounts with boa bank in 2003. i think they were about 1000 each. well, i never payed them ,and when boa and mbna got together they dont report. i have a boa cc,savings,checking. they even told me on the phone once about the old accounts, but didnt do anything about it. not reporting. i would dispute with the ca about your sprint bill. how can a ca say you owe money, when the oc has no file? dispute, and keep disputing.
Message 16 of 19
myficomatt
Regular Contributor

So if they cannot DV then I would then dispute with the CA or CBA? If they cannot DV then are they required by law to remove it from my report?
Message 17 of 19
myficomatt
Regular Contributor

I just got an update on my Truecredit.com report from AFNI. Can anyone shed some light on what this means?

Major Derogatory
A derogatory account has appeared on your credit report.
Here are the details of this account:

Reported By: Experian
Reported On: 01/23/2008
Alert Type: Grid Code G (Collections)
Creditor Type: Other Collection Agencies
Date Last Updated: 01/20/2008
Derogatory Amount: 00000364
Date of Alert: 01/22/2008
Creditor Name: AFNI, INC.
Creditor Address: PO BOX 3427
BLOOMINGTON, IL 61702-3427
Creditor Phone Number: (888)2162408
Message 18 of 19
myficomatt
Regular Contributor

Also, I just noticed that they changed the dates of which they reported the account. Can they do that?

AFNI, INC.
-
- Creditor Name: AFNI AFNI, INC.
- Account No.:
- Original Creditor: 10 NEXTEL NEXTEL
- Responsibility: Individual Individual
- Condition: Derogatory Derogatory
- Original Balance: $364 $364
- Balance: $364 $364
- Date Opened: 02/09/2007 02/2007
- Date Reported: 03/27/2007 01/20/2008

Message Edited by myficomatt on 01-23-2008 09:10 AM

Message Edited by myficomatt on 01-23-2008 09:58 AM
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.