New Contributor
Geenie

No Credit Limit Reporting

I have 2 Capital One cards and they both report, on all three credit reports, either credit limit not available or not reported.  The total credit limit between the two cards is $3500.  Would this effect my credit score? 
Regular Contributor
Rockjock

Re: No Credit Limit Reporting

Yes, even more so if you carry a balance on the card. It will report as 100% UTL.
New Contributor
Geenie

I called Capital One to fax me a letter that states the credit limit so that I may submit it to the credit bureaus.  One has a $3000 limit that has a balance of 1500 and the other one has a credit limit of only $500 and the balance is $0.  Do you think this will hurt or help my score? 
Regular Contributor
Rockjock

They way I understand it is the CRA will use your high balance as your CL. If you have never charged more than 1500 on the one card you are at 100% UTL -- Very Bad. Having the Cl reported right will lower your UTL --- Good thing.

I have read here that Cap 1 will start reporting CL soon.

It should be good for your score to have correct Cl reported.

Hope this makes sence (or cents) ? ---cool play on words huh?:smileyvery-happy:
New Contributor
Geenie

Your great!  Thanks for replying.
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}