Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No alert for hard inquiry!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No alert for hard inquiry!

I have both a myFICO and Experian subscription and neither one has informed me that Amex hard inquired into my Experian report.  I applied yesterday and because I didn't receive an alert,  I was thinking Amex approved with a soft inquiry. Then I signed into Experian and saw the inquiry.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No alert for hard inquiry!

Hi, soloman. MyFICO doesn't alert instantly. I've found it to take 1-2 days with most things. I don't think Experian is that fast either. You know who alerts instantly when there is a HP? Capital One CreditWise...almost immediately. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have Capital One CreditWise and haven't received an alert from that service either.   Since I have never established any settings for Capital One CreditWise, it probably didn't notify me. But myFico and Experian have no excuse! LOL.  And guess what?  I still haven't received an alert!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My bad, Credit Wise is TU so you wouldn't get an alert for an EX HP from them. I looked back through my spreadsheet where I keep track of MyFICO alerts and score changes, and I noticed that when I apped for Discover last July and my Quicksilver just last month, MyFICO alerted me to the HP the same day. The other CRAs were a day later. Not sure why you haven't seen an alert yet.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My bad, Credit Wise is TU so you wouldn't get an alert for an EX HP from them. I looked back through my spreadsheet where I keep track of MyFICO alerts and score changes, and I noticed that when I apped for Discover last July and my Quicksilver just last month, MyFICO alerted me to the HP the same day. The other CRAs were a day later. Not sure why you haven't seen an alert yet.

I just received the alert about 30 minutes ago.  Today is 1/23 and the inquiry occurred 1/21.  It's 2 days late.  This might be the fault of Experian.  MyFico can not send me an alert until Experian sends MyFico the information?  I noticed that I received the Experian alert first then the MyFico alert minutes later. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.