Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No good deed goes unpunished

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No good deed goes unpunished

My cell phone provider has been spelling my last name wrong for two years (one letter wrong.)  Yesterday I told them about their mistake and after fixing it  they hit my Experian file with a credit inquiry.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: No good deed goes unpunished

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Maybe they were just checking to make sure it was still you

At any rate, with an ongoing open account they have PP.  However, I think they shoud have done a soft pull, if any at all.

Have you asked them why they did a pull at all for you correcting th spelling of your name?

Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Yes, it should have been inquired as a regular review of an existing account, that does not involve the extension of new or additional credit.

This is a legitimate pull, but clearly should have been requested as a soft inquiry.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

After being shunted around from person to person over a 45 minute call they decided they could not explain it.  But they gave me a USPS address in Maryland in case I want to pursue the complaint further with a letter.  Why bother?  Receipt of the letter might lead to another pull.  I'm hoping that by the end of the year this will just be a bad dream.

Message 4 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

You can always send them a non-PP letter if this was a hard inquiry.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.