cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more unlimited pulls with USAA Credit Check Monitoring Premium??

tag
MarcinXP
Frequent Contributor

Re: No more unlimited pulls with USAA Credit Check Monitoring Premium??

I just posted another thread about this. It will cost extra...needless to say unless some concessions can be done...I and my GF will be cancelling this on 10/9

NFCU Visa Sig $30k / Amex Blue Cash $25.5k / Fidelity Amex $25k / Chase Freedom $14.5k / Citi Double Cash $5k / Capital One Quicksilver Visa Sig $5k / Citi Best Buy MC $3K / Barclay Rewards MC $2.95k / BOA - BBR $2.5k / SY Lowes $15k / SY Amazon $6k / Target RedCard - $300
Message 11 of 97
JohnPTEX
Frequent Contributor

Re: USAA no longer offering daily credit reports

Yep, the only reason I was with USAA was for the daily pulls - well they were the last company I thought I could count on in this credit game - oh well

Starting Score: TU:619 (02/24/2012) - EQ:629 (02/24/2012)
Current Score: TU:632 (06/21/2012) - EQ:672 (06/21/2012)
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 97
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

This e-mail is nearly identical to the one Experian sent when they did away with CreditCheckTotal (CCT..also a daily puller once upon a time).

Sigh.. BTW, there are three known out there that allow for daily pulls:

Amex CreditSecure

EliminateIDTheft

AlertPlus

Here's the e-mail:

Thank you for trusting Experian to provide you with industry-leading credit monitoring services. In order to continue to provide USAA members with competitive features and rates, CreditCheck Monitoring Premium will be undergoing a few changes on 10/9/2012.

Based on member feedback and usage, we determined that members actually need fewer full credit reports but more frequent updates on changes. With that in mind, here's what's changing:

Credit Reports will be available once per month, instead of on an unlimited basis. This frequency meets the needs of the vast majority of members. For those seeking unlimited credit reports, please contact Experian at 1-866-751-1320.

New! Score Alerts will be monitored and delivered to you twice per month, instead of only once per month. This helps you know when your credit score has changed.

New! Monthly Credit Report Statements will consolidate relevant credit report and score information in one easy-to-read summary.

We look forward to providing you with the high-quality credit monitoring services you've come to expect. Feel free to contact our customer care team anytime you have questions at 1-866-751-1320.

Sincerely,

Experian Customer Care
CreditCheck Monitoring Premium

Message 13 of 97
jausanka
Frequent Contributor

RIP USAA Creditcheck Monitoring Unlimited

Thank you for trusting Experian to provide you with industry-leading credit monitoring services. In order to continue to provide USAA members with competitive features and rates, CreditCheck Monitoring Premium will be undergoing a few changes on 10/9/2012.

Based on member feedback and usage, we determined that members actually need fewer full credit reports but more frequent updates on changes. With that in mind, here's what's changing:

Credit Reports will be available once per month, instead of on an unlimited basis. This frequency meets the needs of the vast majority of members. For those seeking unlimited credit reports, please contact Experian at 1-866-751-1320.

New! Score Alerts will be monitored and delivered to you twice per month, instead of only once per month. This helps you know when your credit score has changed.

New! Monthly Credit Report Statements will consolidate relevant credit report and score information in one easy-to-read summary.

We look forward to providing you with the high-quality credit monitoring services you've come to expect. Feel free to contact our customer care team anytime you have questions at 1-866-751-1320.

Sincerely,

Experian Customer Care
CreditCheck Monitoring Premium

Mods, I know this isn't directly credit cards related, but also not appropriate for any other credit category, but I don't think the rebuilding forum would right either for this kind of info.  Feel free to move as necessary :-)

Message 14 of 97
mkm77
Regular Contributor

USAA CMS just got Gimped!!

Sad to see the best change to where you can only pull once per month.

Message 15 of 97
gamegrrl
Frequent Contributor

Finally spoke to someone. She offered me the half price deal, but I turned it down. Then she started touting the value of the "credit scores" they provide.

:-P

EX myFICO 850 - EQ myFICO 850 - TU myFICO 850
Goal Score: 800+ across the board! *DONE!!!*
Message 16 of 97
Mailak
Frequent Contributor

Re: USAA CMS just got Gimped!!

@mkm77 wrote:

Sad to see the best change to where you can only pull once per month.

I just saw this in my e-mail too. It's a bit odd that they think people want more frequent updates and that's why they are reducing the number of times people can access them with updates. I can understand it reduces their costs though.

PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards (19.5k), Amex BCE (9k), Chase Sapphire Reserve (30k), Chase Freedom Unlimited (14.5k), Chase Marriott Premier (19k), Discover More (10k)
Message 17 of 97
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

Re: USAA no longer offering daily credit reports

You can still use MPM, CS (if you have an AmEX), and EC for daily pullers.

Message 18 of 97
CS800
Super Contributor

I think a lot of people will be dumping the USAA CMS services and going directly to EX for their unlimited reports

Message 19 of 97
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

I'm dumping USAA CMS then.

Message 20 of 97
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.