Frequent Contributor
MarcinXP

Re: No more unlimited pulls with USAA Credit Check Monitoring Premium??

I just posted another thread about this. It will cost extra...needless to say unless some concessions can be done...I and my GF will be cancelling this on 10/9

NFCU Visa Sig $25k / Fidelity Amex $7.5k / Chase Freedom Visa $7.5k / BOA - BBR MC $7.5k / Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k / Best Buy Platinum MC $3K / Barclay Rewards MC $2k / Chase Amazon Visa $1k / Discover IT $1K / GE Lowes and GE Walmart $5k / GE Amazon $2450 / Target RedCard - $300 / NO CAPONE IN MY WALLET ANYMORE!
Frequent Contributor
JohnPTEX

Re: USAA no longer offering daily credit reports

Yep, the only reason I was with USAA was for the daily pulls - well they were the last company I thought I could count on in this credit game - oh well

Starting Score: TU:619 (02/24/2012) - EQ:629 (02/24/2012)
Current Score: TU:632 (06/21/2012) - EQ:672 (06/21/2012)
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

[ Edited ]

This e-mail is nearly identical to the one Experian sent when they did away with CreditCheckTotal (CCT..also a daily puller once upon a time).

Sigh.. BTW, there are three known out there that allow for daily pulls:

Amex CreditSecure

EliminateIDTheft

AlertPlus

Here's the e-mail:

Thank you for trusting Experian to provide you with industry-leading credit monitoring services. In order to continue to provide USAA members with competitive features and rates, CreditCheck Monitoring Premium will be undergoing a few changes on 10/9/2012.

Based on member feedback and usage, we determined that members actually need fewer full credit reports but more frequent updates on changes. With that in mind, here's what's changing:

Credit Reports will be available once per month, instead of on an unlimited basis. This frequency meets the needs of the vast majority of members. For those seeking unlimited credit reports, please contact Experian at 1-866-751-1320.

New! Score Alerts will be monitored and delivered to you twice per month, instead of only once per month. This helps you know when your credit score has changed.

New! Monthly Credit Report Statements will consolidate relevant credit report and score information in one easy-to-read summary.

We look forward to providing you with the high-quality credit monitoring services you've come to expect. Feel free to contact our customer care team anytime you have questions at 1-866-751-1320.

Sincerely,

Experian Customer Care
CreditCheck Monitoring Premium

Frequent Contributor
jausanka

RIP USAA Creditcheck Monitoring Unlimited

Thank you for trusting Experian to provide you with industry-leading credit monitoring services. In order to continue to provide USAA members with competitive features and rates, CreditCheck Monitoring Premium will be undergoing a few changes on 10/9/2012.

Based on member feedback and usage, we determined that members actually need fewer full credit reports but more frequent updates on changes. With that in mind, here's what's changing:

Credit Reports will be available once per month, instead of on an unlimited basis. This frequency meets the needs of the vast majority of members. For those seeking unlimited credit reports, please contact Experian at 1-866-751-1320.

New! Score Alerts will be monitored and delivered to you twice per month, instead of only once per month. This helps you know when your credit score has changed.

New! Monthly Credit Report Statements will consolidate relevant credit report and score information in one easy-to-read summary.

We look forward to providing you with the high-quality credit monitoring services you've come to expect. Feel free to contact our customer care team anytime you have questions at 1-866-751-1320.

Sincerely,

Experian Customer Care
CreditCheck Monitoring Premium

Mods, I know this isn't directly credit cards related, but also not appropriate for any other credit category, but I don't think the rebuilding forum would right either for this kind of info.  Feel free to move as necessary :-)

Regular Contributor
mkm77

USAA CMS just got Gimped!!

Sad to see the best change to where you can only pull once per month.

Frequent Contributor
gamegrrl

Finally spoke to someone. She offered me the half price deal, but I turned it down. Then she started touting the value of the "credit scores" they provide.

:-P

Starting Score: EQ 607 TU 693
Current Score: EX via Mortgage Lender 747 - EQ myFICO 774 - TU08 (Walmart and Discover) 732 - TU myFICO 722
Goal Score: 800+ across the board!
Frequent Contributor
Mailak

Re: USAA CMS just got Gimped!!

mkm77 wrote:

Sad to see the best change to where you can only pull once per month.

I just saw this in my e-mail too. It's a bit odd that they think people want more frequent updates and that's why they are reducing the number of times people can access them with updates. I can understand it reduces their costs though.

PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards (19.5k), American Express Blue Cash Preferred (18k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (14k), Discover More (10k), Macy's (700).
Frequent Contributor
ficojoe

Re: USAA no longer offering daily credit reports

You can still use MPM, CS (if you have an AmEX), and EC for daily pullers.

Super Contributor
CS800

I think a lot of people will be dumping the USAA CMS services and going directly to EX for their unlimited reports

Valued Contributor
trumpet-205

I'm dumping USAA CMS then.

In My Wallet:
Citi Forward (12/2010) | Citi Dividend (05/2011) | Chase Freedom (11/2011) | GECRB/PayPal (05/2012)
Discover it (07/2012) | AMEX BCP (09/2012) | TD/Target REDCard (10/2012) | Chase Ink Classic (11/2012)
BofA BBR (04/2013) | FNBO/Overstock.com (02/2014) | Barclaycard Arrival (04/2014) | FIA/Fidelity AMEX (04/2014)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+