cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more unlimited pulls with USAA Credit Check Monitoring Premium??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No more unlimited pulls with USAA Credit Check Monitoring Premium??

Same here. Just called. It matters when your billing cycle is ending to how much value you can get. Mine ends sep 20th, so I may cancel after that to get at least another three weeks before the deal dies.

And NO, there was no room for negotiation with the Premium Credit Check people.

I'm cancelling too unless there is some deal where I can keep unlimited pulls.

Message 41 of 97
Andrew22
Regular Contributor

Changes to USAA Credit Service Make it WORTHLESS

I was STUNNED to get this message from the fine folks at Experian today about changes to the USAA Creditcheck Monitoring Premium program:

Thank you for trusting Experian to provide you with industry-leading credit monitoring services. In order to continue to provide USAA members with competitive features and rates, CreditCheck Monitoring Premium will be undergoing a few changes on 10/9/2012.

Based on member feedback and usage, we determined that members actually need fewer full credit reports but more frequent updates on changes. With that in mind, here's what's changing:

Credit Reports will be available once per month, instead of on an unlimited basis. This frequency meets the needs of the vast majority of members. For those seeking unlimited credit reports please contact Experian at...

New! Score Alerts will be monitored and delivered to you twice per month, instead of only once per month. This helps you know when your credit score has changed.

Note, this is all for the same money we once paid for unlimited access to all three reports. Some observations:

1) This change makes the program completely worthless. The value of this deal is in the ability to access information on all three credit reports at any time. Those engaged in credit repair need the ability to see their reports more often than once per month. Most people in the program, meanwhile, probably do not access their credit reports often. But that doesn't suggest that sending one report a month "meets the needs" of these consumers. Indeed, I pay for knowing that I can access all my reports at any time. There is security in that. That is what I pay for.

2) Sending me score changes twice per month is beyond useless. First and foremost, under the old program, I can check my score everyday if I wanted to. Second, the are FAKO scores and hold no value. Most importantly, you show me a score change, what's the first thing I want to do? Pull a report. Which I now have to pay extra for if I've already gotten my one monthly report.

I'll be ditching this service, which, I have to say, I very much liked,because it let me see what was on all three reports at any time. I never paid attention to the scores, they are FAKO, but the security of knowing I could see what was going on at any point was excellent. And, the bald pretentiousness of the message--that giving me a dramatically scaled-back product for my money because research shows that's all I need--enrages me. You want to raise the price, hey, take shot. I'll listen. But to change the game completely and pitch it as a change that benefits me is shady.

Message 42 of 97
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

Re: Changes to USAA Credit Service Make it WORTHLESS

+100000

I just ditched Creditkeeper for them on 8/17, and I am not blessed with an amex to have their services

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 43 of 97
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Changes to USAA Credit Service Make it WORTHLESS

I just got the same email and logged on to post it.  I say we all unite in protest and cancel our CMS accounts.  I will call and cancel both my wife's and mine today.

Anybody care to recommend a CMS that allows daily pulls?

Message 44 of 97
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: USAA CMS just got Gimped!!

Here's the one that I think Ilecs uses: http://www.eliminateidtheft.com/ There is info on it on the CMS sticky, but couldn't cut and paste with my iPad for some reason.

It's $12.95 a month and has daily pulls - 

• Triple Bureau Credit Report - Get unlimited access to your credit report from all three national credit bureaus in one consolidated report. Because the three bureaus do not share data, experts say it's important to check all three at once.

Looks like I'm going to be switching. 

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 45 of 97
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

I just called to cancel my plan last week, as I no longer need the pulls myself, so they reduced me to $6/mo unl. pulls from the 3 CRA until Sept. 2013.

So this time next year, I'll make the determination as to whether or not I'll cancel them for good.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 46 of 97
CS800
Super Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

Here's the one that I think Ilecs uses: http://www.eliminateidtheft.com/ There is info on it on the CMS sticky, but couldn't cut and paste with my iPad for some reason.

It's $12.95 a month and has daily pulls - 

• Triple Bureau Credit Report - Get unlimited access to your credit report from all three national credit bureaus in one consolidated report. Because the three bureaus do not share data, experts say it's important to check all three at once.

Looks like I'm going to be switching. 

Does this one give you unlimited pulls (reports/score) from all 3?

Message 47 of 97
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

I believe so, according to the info on the CMS sticky that I couldnt paste.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 48 of 97
CS800
Super Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

I believe so, according to the info on the CMS sticky that I couldnt paste.

Right now, I have the EX unlimited report/pulls for $12.95/month

Message 49 of 97
AvaMommy
Frequent Contributor

USAA CMS CHANGES!!!

Got an email stating USAA CMS is changing their reporting system. Instead of unlimited CR pulls, they are making it 1 pull a month. This does not help me when I like the unlimited access to pulls whwen I am disputing my credit issues. This starts 10/9...Any suggestions on other CMS that allow unlimted for all 3?

Starting Score: FAKO: TU 602 EQ 550 EX 565 - 08|2012
Current Score: MyFICO: TU 633 EQ 637 EX 669 (AMEX PULL)09|2012
Goal Score: 700 across the board In my wallet: NFCU cashRewards 12000CL, NFCU LOC 10K CL, BofA cashRewards 5000CL, BofA PP 3000CL, JAREDS (AU) 1500CL, SEARS (AU) 7000CL
Under my mattress: Orchard Bank 320CL and Saks Fifth Avenue 100CL. Finally in the Garden. App Free Since 9/18/12 - No apps until March 2013
Message 50 of 97
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.