cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more unlimited pulls with USAA Credit Check Monitoring Premium??

tag
adavis425
Established Contributor

Re: USAA CMS just got Gimped!!

@Repo-ed wrote:

I just called to cancel my plan last week, as I no longer need the pulls myself, so they reduced me to $6/mo unl. pulls from the 3 CRA until Sept. 2013.

So this time next year, I'll make the determination as to whether or not I'll cancel them for good.

Repo-ed, I think yo misunderstand. The discounted rate is for the service as it will be as of 10/09/12 not the unlimited service that we have today. I just got off the phone with Sandy at USAA who also discounted my rate. The unlimited service after 10/09 will be $15 per month until 10/2013 when the discount expires. So for $6, you will be getting one pull per month, not unlimited. That's crap, right? I may be shopping for another service.

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 51 of 97
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

Re: USAA CMS CHANGES!!!

@AvaMommy wrote:

Got an email stating USAA CMS is changing their reporting system. Instead of unlimited CR pulls, they are making it 1 pull a month. This does not help me when I like the unlimited access to pulls whwen I am disputing my credit issues. This starts 10/9...Any suggestions on other CMS that allow unlimted for all 3?

My Privacy Matters or CS if you have AmEx. MPM has a free month trial if you sign up though BB&T, then it is $12.95/month.

Message 52 of 97
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: No more unlimited pulls with USAA Credit Check Monitoring Premium??

llecs wrote:.. BTW, there are three known out there that allow for daily pulls...

I looked up the AMEX one; it's $1.00 for the first month, then 14.99 a month after that.  It ends up being a couple bucks more than the USAA one was, but that's probably the route I'll take.

Message 53 of 97
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@CS800 wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

Here's the one that I think Ilecs uses: http://www.eliminateidtheft.com/ There is info on it on the CMS sticky, but couldn't cut and paste with my iPad for some reason.

It's $12.95 a month and has daily pulls - 

• Triple Bureau Credit Report - Get unlimited access to your credit report from all three national credit bureaus in one consolidated report. Because the three bureaus do not share data, experts say it's important to check all three at once.

Looks like I'm going to be switching. 

Does this one give you unlimited pulls (reports/score) from all 3?

I cancelled the service for EIDT in the spring (oh, the irony) and at that time it still was a daily puller for all 3 reports. Aside from EIDT, the alternatives are AlertPlus (like USAA's CMS but only for Merrill Lynch CC holders) and Amex CS (unlimited plan).

Message 54 of 97
john398
Senior Contributor

@adavis425 wrote:

@Repo-ed wrote:

I just called to cancel my plan last week, as I no longer need the pulls myself, so they reduced me to $6/mo unl. pulls from the 3 CRA until Sept. 2013.

So this time next year, I'll make the determination as to whether or not I'll cancel them for good.

Repo-ed, I think yo misunderstand. The discounted rate is for the service as it will be as of 10/09/12 not the unlimited service that we have today. I just got off the phone with Sandy at USAA who also discounted my rate. The unlimited service after 10/09 will be $15 per month until 10/2013 when the discount expires. So for $6, you will be getting one pull per month, not unlimited. That's crap, right? I may be shopping for another service.

Just saw the email as well, I think I will wait til Oct 9 before I call to cancel

Message 55 of 97
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@p- wrote:

llecs wrote:.. BTW, there are three known out there that allow for daily pulls...

I looked up the AMEX one; it's $1.00 for the first month, then 14.99 a month after that.  It ends up being a couple bucks more than the USAA one was, but that's probably the route I'll take.

I clicked on the Amex link just to make sure it was still good and it wasn't loading. I know it exists, but maybe my link is bad. As of February anyway, the price was the $15/mo, but for $10 more you can upgrade to daily pulls as opposed to monthly I think. But it was $25 if you wanted daily. Unfortunately, I'm not a part of Amex's family anymore. Smiley Sad

Message 56 of 97
p-
Valued Contributor

@llecs wrote:

@p- wrote:

I clicked on the Amex link just to make sure it was still good and it wasn't loading. I know it exists, but maybe my link is bad. As of February anyway, the price was the $15/mo, but for $10 more you can upgrade to daily pulls as opposed to monthly I think. But it was $25 if you wanted daily. Unfortunately, I'm not a part of Amex's family anymore. Smiley Sad

This LINK will take you to the AMEX Credit Secure page.

But you can only get two reports every thirty days!  SEE:

From the FAQ on the AMEX site: 

"As part of your enrollment in CreditSecure® you are able to access two three-bureau credit reports and scores every 30 days, which allows you to frequently review your credit information for inaccuracies.  When you request a new report we will show you how many credit reports and scores you have remaining and when you can next request your credit information."

Message 57 of 97
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

Re: RIP USAA Creditcheck Monitoring Unlimited

boooooo!!!

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 58 of 97
moonman
Frequent Contributor

Re: RIP USAA Creditcheck Monitoring Unlimited

I closed it immediately!  Even thought i did not pull everyday it was nice to have.

Message 59 of 97
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@llecs wrote:

I cancelled the service for EIDT in the spring (oh, the irony) and at that time it still was a daily puller for all 3 reports. Aside from EIDT, the alternatives are AlertPlus (like USAA's CMS but only for Merrill Lynch CC holders) and Amex CS (unlimited plan).

Why did you cancel it?  Is there something wrong with the EIDT service?

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 60 of 97
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.