New Contributor
amkari

Re: No more unlimited pulls with USAA Credit Check Monitoring Premium??

I just called to cancel mine as well, figuring I'd take the discounted rate and see if I still feel there is any benefit at all for the first couple months.  I've done about all the cleanup I can do for now anyway with no intention of applying for any new credit until Feb or March when I ask for a lower interest rate on my car loan.  The only baddies floating out there are the ones I'm already aware of and I'm marking time until they fall off in a year or 2 (unless I HAVE to do something with them sooner).

The rep asked me why I signed up... Because I needed the frequent report pulls and alerts of changes to moniter what i was doing.

Then asked why i wanted to cancel... because I won't be able to pull it daily or weekly as needed.

Rep:  "Well, you know you'll be able to get updates on your scores more frequently as well as change alerts"

Me:  "The scores are useless, they're not FICO scores.  The value of the service was in accessing the information on my report as needed and that service will no longer be available"

Starting Score: 03/31/2012 - FICO EX 599 (auto loan pull) EQ 593 TU 602)
Current Score: 10/25/2012 - EX (tenant screening) 655 - EQ (myfico.com) 641 - TU (myfico.com) 622
Goal Score: We’ll start with 650 across the board 

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
MontegoMack

Re: RIP USAA Creditcheck Monitoring Unlimited

[ Edited ]

Could someone please remind me why one would cancel if they are enjoying the service?

Their price went up and now it's not a discount, but rather a competitive price (see AMEX CMS). Actually, the service becomes competively priced based on other CMS's and if you want more services, you can pay for it - an extra $9.99/mo for a pull every day.

Gosh, I hope i'm not missing something here.

* Edited to be more specific.

BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa 5k
Chase Freedom 9k
BBRZ MC 800 (SD)
Senior Contributor
bichonmom

amkari wrote:

I just called to cancel mine as well, figuring I'd take the discounted rate and see if I still feel there is any benefit at all for the first couple months.  I've done about all the cleanup I can do for now anyway with no intention of applying for any new credit until Feb or March when I ask for a lower interest rate on my car loan.  The only baddies floating out there are the ones I'm already aware of and I'm marking time until they fall off in a year or 2 (unless I HAVE to do something with them sooner).

The rep asked me why I signed up... Because I needed the frequent report pulls and alerts of changes to moniter what i was doing.

Then asked why i wanted to cancel... because I won't be able to pull it daily or weekly as needed.

Rep:  "Well, you know you'll be able to get updates on your scores more frequently as well as change alerts"

Me:  "The scores are useless, they're not FICO scores.  The value of the service was in accessing the information on my report as needed and that service will no longer be available"

+1000!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Community Leader
Valued Contributor
DaveSignal

MontegoMack wrote:

Could someone please remind me why one would cancel if they are enjoying the service?

Their price went up and now it's not a discount, but rather a competitive price (see AMEX CMS). Actually, the service becomes competively priced based on other CMS's and if you want more services, you can pay for it - an extra $9.99/mo for a pull every day.

This is probably what I will do.  Unless EIDT is the same thing, because that will be cheaper.  I don't see any samples of it on the website though.

EQ:701 TU:745 EX:694
Barclays Arrival $6.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - CSP $5k - Amex ED $19.5k
Frequent Contributor
MarcinXP

My GF and I have USAA. I was offered a rate of 50% off which is $6.12 per month and then $9.95 for unlimited pulls so that's not horrible, and I will keep it until discount expires, but my GF called in and dude did not even offer a discount so $23 a month is too much..she has better credit and she does not need it that bad. I'm rebuilding so for me its still worth it....she can use CK if she needs to or she has Amex she can get it with them. Funny how they are talking about frequent score updates....umm what's scores....the FAKO???? Why would I pay $23 a month for that if I get free FICO from TU from walmart and I can monthly pull EQ with FICO from here for $3 cheaper and more information...
NFCU Visa Sig $25k / Fidelity Amex $7.5k / Chase Freedom Visa $7.5k / BOA - BBR MC $7.5k / Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k / Best Buy Platinum MC $3K / Barclay Rewards MC $2k / Chase Amazon Visa $1k / Discover IT $1K / GE Lowes and GE Walmart $5k / GE Amazon $2450 / Target RedCard - $300 / NO CAPONE IN MY WALLET ANYMORE!
Established Member
Isanham

RIP USAA

I could handle the price increase.  Just tell me it's $9.xx more per month for unlimited and I might be able to understand.  The email sent was disingenuous and arrogant. 

If I wanted to be treated like that by a business I'd go open a checking account at Wells Fargo.  At least they have tellers that are cute.

Starting Score: 608 (7/29/12 TU), 615 (7/29/12 EQ), EX ???
Current Score: 690 (12/29/12 TU), 650 (12/16/12 EQ)
Goal Score: 700+ by 7/2014

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
bichonmom

Isanham wrote:

RIP USAA

I could handle the price increase.  Just tell me it's $9.xx more per month for unlimited and I might be able to understand.  The email sent was disingenuous and arrogant. 

If I wanted to be treated like that by a business I'd go open a checking account at Wells Fargo.  At least they have tellers that are cute.

Yeah, the email was a definite "spin," trying to convince me that they were doing me a favor with this change based on "member feedback." But I figure that's just typical marketing these days.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: USAA CMS just got Gimped!!

DaveSignal wrote:

llecs wrote:

I cancelled the service for EIDT in the spring (oh, the irony) and at that time it still was a daily puller for all 3 reports. Aside from EIDT, the alternatives are AlertPlus (like USAA's CMS but only for Merrill Lynch CC holders) and Amex CS (unlimited plan).

Why did you cancel it?  Is there something wrong with the EIDT service?

Nothing was wrong at all. USAA was slightly cheaper. There was also a EIDT spammer on here and he rubbed off on me all wrong. And you have to open 3 different windows and log in 3 times in order to access the service. But other than that, EIDT was fine. The service is like the old TrueCredit format but uses TransRisk instead of Vantage. Reports are easy to read too.

Valued Contributor
p-

MontegoMack wrote:

Well, when you raise the price point for a service by 60%, many people will object and re-evaluate the value of the service compared to the price.  I reacted to this the same way I reacted when netflix did the same thing, I ran the numbers.  For my wife and I to still have unlimited pulls (the ONLY feature I use) it is almost 50 bucks a month, or 600 bucks a year.  That equates to the hotel cost of a 3 day weekend at the ocean.

I'd rather go to the ocean.

I don't blame USAA; if anything, the rep was courteous, helpful, and nice.  And I'm sure there was some kind of cost increase behind the scenes from Experian that prompted the price change.  But right now I am finding ways to trim expenses.  I've cancelled Blockbuster DVD service, reduced my DirecTV to the base package, cancelled my Gym membership, dropped XM Radio (that was a pain), and am looking for more ways to cut.  So they popped up with the price increase at the perfect time.

2-13-14: FICO EXP: 779 - EQU: 742 - TRAN: 765 - AVG: 762 - +212 points from JUN 2008 - MY CREDIT JOURNAL

Frequent Contributor
novabama

I just thought I'd note in here for all of you wanting to switch. I thought that I'd be able to just log right in to EIDT when I signed up (I mean they did take my money right away...) but I got the receipt email and it says it takes two days to be able to log in! Grrrrr. Oh well, I need the 3 daily pulls for rebuilding. 

I'll edit this if I get my login info before then.

Hope this helps someone!

Goal Score: 640 Good things come to those who wait.
Good things come to those who work their butt off and never give up.

Removals - Asset Acceptance, Receivable Solutions, LVNV Funding, Enhanced Recovery, Credit Systems Int, Discover Financial, Amchek/Amsher, Financial Adj Services, Chase, Target, AFNI, RJM, Portfolio Rec!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+