cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No mortgage reflected on TU/EX

tag
JoeBinotz

No mortgage reflected on TU/EX

Hi.  My Transunion report doesn't include my mortgage; neither does my Experian "Plus" report.

The "Plus" calculator suggests that my score would climb 11 or so points if I had a mortgage (I do).

Would it be advisable to get it on the report?  Equifax reflects it and my EQ score is some 40 points lower (never late with a payment - ever; 30 + years history; kids in college and lots of associated debt...all current and on time).

Debt load (plus mortgage?) fries my EQ a little.  Best let that sleeping dog ly until I can pay them all off in "one swell foop" some 5 years down the road?

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: No mortgage reflected on TU/EX

Is your TU report from here, a myFICO report, in other words? Or is it from what sounds like an Experian-based monitoring service?

If it's not on your myFICO TU report, or on the full TU report that you get via annualcreditreport-dot-com, the report that lists the soft inquiries, then it's not being scored. But if you're looking at a report from a monitoring service, it's possible that it's on the full underlying report and for some reason, it's just not showing up on the other version. Same with the Experian.

I wouldn't put any faith at all in what the Plus calculator says, because it's telling you how to make the Plus FAKO score happy. But if it's a solid account, especially with some age on it, and no negatives, I would think that it would help you out.

Also, is your EQ score from a FICO report? It's possible that you might be looking at one FICO score and another FAKO score for another report, and they just don't correspond at all, except very rarely, and then only coincidentally.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 3
JoeBinotz

Re: No mortgage reflected on TU/EX

TU and EQ from MYFICO; Plus is the only FAKO.  My credit is still pretty solid even after loading (feasting) on debt to get two kids through college (one private).

Not a big deal.  Just curious.  Did some more searching and found others in the same boat...just not sure whether to rock it or leave it be (leaning towards the latter...).

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.