Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No names on Collections Agency

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No names on Collections Agency

Hello!

I ran a report last week and noticed something odd -- Under "Collections" there are no names for the collection agencies...

Collection on debt to: Not Reported
The collection agency "180yc00000" was hired to collect a debt of $208 originally owed to "Not Reported" on account number

and

Collection on debt to: Not Reported
The collection agency "180yc00000" was hired to collect a debt of $265 originally owed to "Not Reported" on account number

Under a car repo, it lists the original bank's name, but not the collection agency:

Collection on debt to: Kern Schools Fc
The collection agency "182yc00621" was hired to collect a debt

This is with the Equifax report -- any ideas why the name isn't showing up? I do not remember what the $208 was for. I know the second was a medical bill my ex-husband and I were disputing with insurance.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: No names on Collections Agency

This is how medical collections generally show up. Is this on your FICO EQ report from here, or your full EQ report? I think that the creditor and collection info appear on the full report.

The creditor and CA names are masked due to HIPAA privacy provisions.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue but for an account I have no remembrance of that was recently added to my report from '05.

The collection agency "182yc00621" was hired to collect a debt of ${some amount} originally owed to "{a name that doesn't make any sense}" on account number ...

You got the picture. I want to find out if I actually owe something and who the mystery person/company I might owe it to is. How would I go about this?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have the same issue but for an account I have no remembrance of that was recently added to my report from '05.

The collection agency "182yc00621" was hired to collect a debt of ${some amount} originally owed to "{a name that doesn't make any sense}" on account number ...

You got the picture. I want to find out if I actually owe something and who the mystery person/company I might owe it to is. How would I go about this?

You should be able to get this information from your "real" credit report. To get that, you can either go to annualfreecreditreport.com or to the individual bureaus and pull them (per Fed law, you get one ~ or more, depending on the state ~ free report a year from each bureau).

Another way would be to, if you use "Credit Check Total" (or some other credit monitoring service), match up creditors in your creditors/collections contact list to what you can actually see in your report. If there's an odd company that you don't see elsewhere on your CR, chances are, it's the mystery CA.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a bunch for the advice! Will check that out now.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.