Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No one is reporting to the CRA's??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No one is reporting to the CRA's??

Ok, so I pulled TU on 2/28 and 3/28. 

NONE of my creditors (Chase, Cap 1 and my local CU) reported ANY balance change at all during that time.  The CU has not reported since December 07, Chase and Cap 1 since 1/08.  They all have recieved a crap load of my money the last 3 months (as in almost 2K).  I dont' want to rock the boat but the CU and I have been waiting for my TU score to go above 680 to refinance my auto loan ... and at that pull, also approve me for their CC AND do a pre-qual potentially for a mortgage. 

A lot going on to be sure ...

Since the payments will have a fairly major impact on my Utilizaiton plus give 2 additional months of positive reporting, is it worth it to call and rock the boat a bit or at least find out when they all are reporting?

I'm sitting at TU 655 and the simulator has given me hope that with the additional months and PMTS, it may indeed be possible to get to that score ....

Am I being too impatient?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No one is reporting to the CRA's??

You can do one of these.....contact OC and ask them to update your account.   You can dispute as inaccurate bal.
Message 2 of 8
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Dispute the balances
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd contact the OC before doing any disputes. Could get it fixed sooner contacting the OC. Some creditors only report every 3 months. I've had one that reports every other month. It is their choice when they report. Just call and ask when they report.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I'd contact the OC before doing any disputes. Could get it fixed sooner contacting the OC. Some creditors only report every 3 months. I've had one that reports every other month. It is their choice when they report. Just call and ask when they report.

What you stated above is interesting. There is no law that requires ceditors to report more timely? I would think being allowed to report every three months could negatively impact people.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not to my knowledge. They don't even have to report.

PurpleHaze wrote:
What you stated above is interesting. There is no law that requires ceditors to report more timely? I would think being allowed to report every three months could negatively impact people.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys Smiley Happy  I called the CU over lunch and they were SHOCKED that they have not updated since 12/07.  My loan officer said they always update monthly and they are having their credit reporting folks look into it.  She was super helpful and has even called me back already to let me know they're looking into it.  I told her several times that I'm not in any way complaining, just worried that there is something wrong since they have always reported monthly in the past ...

We'll see ...

This afternoon I'll call Chase and Cap 1 to see when they report ...

thanks for the advice, all Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, the CU was awesome.  They were super helpful and had their IT folks look to see what was going on.  THey said they ARE reporting it accurately to the bureaus but TU has not updated it.  I guess now I have ot go to TU and do the verify balance thingy. 
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.