Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No response to PFD letters

tag
azsassycat
Frequent Contributor

No response to PFD letters

I sent two (2) PFD letters to two separate hospitals.  These accounts are within the SOL and are for $100 each.  They were mailed on 09/24/07 and received on 09/25/07.

I sent six (6) PFD letters to a third hospital/medical clinic.  These accounts are outside of the SOL and are for $30 to $261 ($706 total).  They were mailed on 09/27/07 and received on 10/01/07.

I sent one (1) PFD letter to Progressive Insurance.  This account is outside of the SOL and is for $178.  This was mailed on 09/27/07 and received on 10/01/07.

I sent all PFD letters to the OCs and have since determined that all the accounts also have CAs.  From what I have heard on this forum it is better to work with the OC . . . is that correct?

I have had no respond in regard to any of the nine (9) PFD letters I have sent.  What should I do?

Thanks for the advice.

Cathleen

Message Edited by azsassycat on 10-11-2007 10:53 AM
10/22/07 (FICO) EQ 544 EX 520 TU 518
03/04/08 (FICO) EQ 606 EX 599 TU 601
04/24/08 (FICO) EQ 600 EX 580 TU 608
06/02/15 (FICO) EQ 578 EX 561 TU 589
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No response to PFD letters

Cathleen, that's exactly what I did. Worked ONLY with the OC(also hospital).

I negotiated a PFD, which they agreed too. In their agreement with them, they provided me with an original duplicate to the CA stating(in essence) that the account was PIF, and to remove immediately, the entry on CR. They first wanted to just say "debt paid". I told them not good enough, but I wanted it completely removed. They complied.

I got a cashier's check for full amount, went to the hospital, talked to the csr. I asked to see the letter to CA BEFORE handing them the cashier's check. She did...the letter was to my satisfaction, and I handed her the cashier's check.

5 days later, I received a confirming letter from CA stating they will comply with hospital's wishes, and they did. I checked my CR and it was off of all 3 CR's. Gone. Wiped out. Without a trace.

Gosh, I'm wordy. sorry. But there's all the details in full.

Hope that helps
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same thing is happening with me.

I sent my PFD's out a month ago and nothing yet.

I got the return green cards so I know they received them but I have not heard a word from any of them.

Should I send new PFD letters to them???
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gosh, if it were me, I'd be so antsy, I'd probably call them(the OC & CA). But that's just me....impatient.

Better to let others join in and offer their opinions.
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well from what I have tried and read, the OC doesnt even have to accept or reply to a PFD.  Its completly up the OC if they want to do it or not.   So if they do not respond you just have to send another letter. 

I had one that wasnt responding and you may not want to try this, but this is what I did.  I sent several PFD's to them with no response, so I just picked up the phone and called to find out what I could do.  I kind of rant and raved and ended up getting them to say that they would accept a pay for delete.  I asked for it in writing and now im keeping my fingers crossed that it will show up in the mail.
Message 5 of 15
MeganML84
Frequent Contributor

azsassycat wrote:
I sent two (2) PFD letters to two separate hospitals.  These accounts are within the SOL and are for $100 each.  They were mailed on 09/24/07 and received on 09/25/07.

I sent six (6) PFD letters to a third hospital/medical clinic.  These accounts are outside of the SOL and are for $30 to $261 ($706 total).  They were mailed on 09/27/07 and received on 10/01/07.

I sent one (1) PFD letter to Progressive Insurance.  This account is outside of the SOL and is for $178.  This was mailed on 09/27/07 and received on 10/01/07.

I sent all PFD letters to the OCs and have since determined that all the accounts also have CAs.  From what I have heard on this forum it is better to work with the OC . . . is that correct?

I have had no respond in regard to any of the nine (9) PFD letters I have sent.  What should I do?

Thanks for the advice.

Cathleen

Message Edited by azsassycat on 10-11-2007 10:53 AM

I would give it a little longer...the ones most recently received only got them 7 business days ago. I have heard of responses taking 6 weeks or more.
Wisdom doesn't automatically come with old age. Nothing does - except wrinkles. It's true, some wines improve with age... but only if the grapes were good in the first place.
Message 6 of 15
azsassycat
Frequent Contributor

Good news - I just called one of the hospitals and they referred me to the CA . . . so I took a chance and called them to see if the would be open to a PFD . . . (just told them the amount - didn't give them any identifying info) . . . and they will . . . DELETE FOR PAYMENT!

I am going by their office tomorrow with a money order and they will have the agreement to delete waiting for me. Smiley Happy

I'll give the other ones a few more weeks . . . I just wanted at least one to work.

Thanks for all the help everyone!

Cathleen
10/22/07 (FICO) EQ 544 EX 520 TU 518
03/04/08 (FICO) EQ 606 EX 599 TU 601
04/24/08 (FICO) EQ 600 EX 580 TU 608
06/02/15 (FICO) EQ 578 EX 561 TU 589
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, it always feels good to win some small battle.  Just make sure you get it in writting that it will be deleted from your credit report.  I would also make sure that it says it will erase all debt.
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats sassy! You are working the system to make the system for you. You did well.

One suggestion though. And I'm not being critical:

"I took a chance and called them to see if the would be open to a PFD"

You cannot be to nice to these people. It puts you in a position of weakness. Do not ask. Inform them. "I WILL hand you a cashier's check, and in return you agree to delete all negative info to the CRA's, AND supply me at the time of payment with an original duplicate of the letter you will send to the CRA's"

I know it's not very trusting, but honey, it's business. YOUR personal business. It is neither good nor bad...just business. Only you can assure yourself that things will be handled as you wish it. Smiley Happy

Keep up the good work Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 15
SCAREDCROW
Established Member

Sorry folks - I'm a bit of a newbie to this forum, and while I can sort'a figure out some of the acronyms ... some have me baffled.  If you could endulge a newbie and let me know what these mean, I'd be most grateful.

PFD ?
CA - Collection Agency ?
OC ?
SOL ?
CRA  - Credit Reporting Agency ?

Thanks.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.