Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non Authorized Inq Letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Non Authorized Inq Letter

Ok, newbie here, tried to find  answer thru  other  areas of board but didnt find one, so I apolgize if this is a repeat.  Hard inquiry was made by my Credit Union for opening a Savings account ( absolutely no credit line or card was inquired about nor offered) there was NO notification that  my report would be pulled.  Now I have their hard inquiry for two years!  They say  that no one can pull a reported  inquiry after it has entered aned that opening a savings account was permissible purpose and that it  said in their disclosures (which I received AFTER  opening the account and  had the hardest time finding plus the language is very vague)  Would the OP 's letter work in this situation?

Thanks...this place has been a great information source!
Message 61 of 107
d170
Regular Contributor

So would this letter also apply if I went to a Car dealership.  I only thought they would pull from the Dealership Credit (Honda) however there were several other inquiries Capital One, Citi, Drive, etc. Can I request to have those moved or should I asume that the dealership may have to pull from more then one Auto Lender?

Thanks in advance!

Time to Garden!!
EQ 703 TU 752 EX 711 as of 07/19/2014. In the garden until 01/19/2015. Baby steps, baby steps!! Trying for 750 ACROSS THE BOARD.
Message 62 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would have to say they had PP
These should be de-duplicated in scoring

d170 wrote:
So would this letter also apply if I went to a Car dealership.  I only thought they would pull from the Dealership Credit (Honda) however there were several other inquiries Capital One, Citi, Drive, etc. Can I request to have those moved or should I asume that the dealership may have to pull from more then one Auto Lender?

Thanks in advance!

Message 63 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a question as well. My DH and I both have two hard inquiries each from the same company..  one in Jan and one in July (one for each of us both mths). The one in January is valid (I think) because we had applied for a loan and this inquiry is around the same time - but it is not the company that financed us.  And the inquiry in July - I'm not sure why it is there.

Would this letter work for us?
Message 64 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alright, I had a questions about this. I have been setting up some CD's with CitiBank (I have set up 5 CDs within the last year). Is it legal for them to do a hard pull on my credit when I am setting up a account with them? I can see if I was setting up a credit card or even a normal checking account, but this is a CD. . .I am giving them money and not touching it until the term expires. Also, I am almost positive I asked if they where doing a hard pull and if it will show up on my credit report and they said no (but i have no proof of this). So is this something I can dispute and have removed? -Tony
Message 65 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

They have PP- I don't like it anymore than you do.

You can all or write them and ask that they remove it.
These systems are automated- the person setting it up does not usually know the difference between a hard and a soft.

Thoxsie wrote:
Alright, I had a questions about this. I have been setting up some CD's with CitiBank (I have set up 5 CDs within the last year). Is it legal for them to do a hard pull on my credit when I am setting up a account with them? I can see if I was setting up a credit card or even a normal checking account, but this is a CD. . .I am giving them money and not touching it until the term expires. Also, I am almost positive I asked if they where doing a hard pull and if it will show up on my credit report and they said no (but i have no proof of this). So is this something I can dispute and have removed? -Tony

Message 66 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I find out who I need to call to have it removed?  Do they still have permision if they told me that they would not pull my credit (AKA if I called them back and recored the conversation)?
Message 67 of 107
Veee
Frequent Contributor

Thoxsie has a ? up ^ there too, didn't want you to read just my question and miss there's.

My questions ... 3 different senarios ... Will OP letter work for any of these?

1) DB and I went to rooms to go and purchased some stuff.  We tried getting credit first (not me I was deceased at the time) DB's credit didn't work.  Fine, they asked us if we wanted to try and run it through one other option and we told them NO, they did it anyway. 

2) When I registred my daughter into college she was only 17 so the bank account they told her she had to get, I had to be on it.  Fine, but there is a hard pull on my credit from them, Suntrust.

3) I resently open another account with my CU, joint we DB and they hard pulled on us both.

Thanks,

Veee

Myfico scores as of 11/12/08 TU 750 EX 722

MyFico scores as of 9/20/08 TU 638 EX 663 EQ 691
Message 68 of 107
Veee
Frequent Contributor

bump
Myfico scores as of 11/12/08 TU 750 EX 722

MyFico scores as of 9/20/08 TU 638 EX 663 EQ 691
Message 69 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

Veee wrote:

Thoxsie has a ? up ^ there too, didn't want you to read just my question and miss there's.

My questions ... 3 different senarios ... Will OP letter work for any of these?

1) DB and I went to rooms to go and purchased some stuff.  We tried getting credit first (not me I was deceased at the time) DB's credit didn't work.  Fine, they asked us if we wanted to try and run it through one other option and we told them NO, they did it anyway. 

The add'l INQ's with not authorized.  

2) When I registred my daughter into college she was only 17 so the bank account they told her she had to get, I had to be on it.  Fine, but there is a hard pull on my credit from them, Suntrust.

They had PP (like it or not) When DW and I opened our last check account the CU only pulled my credit.

3) I resently open another account with my CU, joint we DB and they hard pulled on us both.

Joint=responsible =You applied for credit= PP

If you were only being added as an AU- I would not have expected a hard.

Thanks,

Veee

Message 70 of 107
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.