Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non Authorized Inq Letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Non Authorized Inq Letter

I write on new account app. Over rides all printed, no hard inq for app. I have never been hit with an inq for non credit banking since. They do hit me on Chexsys each time, but I don't mind. I have also been denied bank accounts because I advised them no hard inq's. But I can always open a bank account at a competitor bank. Smiley Happy The important thing is that I have avoided further inquiries.
Message 41 of 107
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Anderson wrote:
Um. I think provisions of the Patriot Act allow them to do this. Gotta make sure you are not a dirty money-laundering terrorist. Thank the prez & congress for their concern.

fused111 wrote:

Here's my question, do banks have PP to hard you for opening a checking (w/o overdraft protection) or savings account? If they do, I have real issues with it!

Ha! Pulling someone's credit in no way can suggest or prove they are a dirty money-laundering terrorist. These types probably have no credit file or scores, everything is hidden.

Message 42 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

fused111 wrote:

Anderson wrote:
Um. I think provisions of the Patriot Act allow them to do this. Gotta make sure you are not a dirty money-laundering terrorist. Thank the prez & congress for their concern.

fused111 wrote:

Here's my question, do banks have PP to hard you for opening a checking (w/o overdraft protection) or savings account? If they do, I have real issues with it!

Ha! Pulling someone's credit in no way can suggest or prove they are a dirty money-laundering terrorist. These types probably have no credit file or scores, everything is hidden.

Whoa. You are using logic. That's not the way these things work. Welcome to the 21st century. You are now guilty till proven innocent & don't forget it. 

BTW are you familiar with 'Know Your Customer'? Google it. You too may get to speak with a friendly FBI agent or be introduced to the fine folks at Homeland Security.

Message Edited by Anderson on 09-22-2007 10:59 AM
Message 43 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

A mortgage lender ran my credit about two months ago without receiving my written or verbal consent(they had my SS# from doing business with them 5 months before). I did however meet with them a couple days later and the loan officer had me sign a consent form...of course dated for 5 days after the actual inquiry.

I should point out that I only wanted them to run some numbers to see if I could be approved for certain loan amounts and THEN proceed with the credit pull if the debt/income ratios worked out.

The more I think about this, the more it bugs me. Did they have PP? Would I not be able to pursue this because I signed a consent after the fact?

Message Edited by clarrkkent on 10-04-2007 01:06 AM
Message 44 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I applied to Juniper recently they pulled me hard THREE times.  I tried emailing customer service and asking them to correct.  They replied that I should contact the CRA.  I'm now drafting up a letter to Juniper, but was wondering if I could say something stronger than "please recode or remove"?  Does one app give permissible purpose for multiple pulls?  If not, what should I say that is more motivating than a simple request?

Thanks.
Message 45 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you do these all on the same date?

@Anonymous wrote:
When I applied to Juniper recently they pulled me hard THREE times. I tried emailing customer service and asking them to correct. They replied that I should contact the CRA. I'm now drafting up a letter to Juniper, but was wondering if I could say something stronger than "please recode or remove"? Does one app give permissible purpose for multiple pulls? If not, what should I say that is more motivating than a simple request?
Thanks.

Message 46 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only applied once!  They pulled TU on 9/19, 9/27, and 9/30 - all hard inqs!

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
When I applied to Juniper recently they pulled me hard THREE times. I tried emailing customer service and asking them to correct. They replied that I should contact the CRA. I'm now drafting up a letter to Juniper, but was wondering if I could say something stronger than "please recode or remove"? Does one app give permissible purpose for multiple pulls? If not, what should I say that is more motivating than a simple request?
Thanks.

Message 47 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dang, Amex did this to me - I had to fax a letter to their "Media Department" to have the additional INQ's re-coded.

I applied for 3 Junny cards in one day and only had 1 INQ.

I would escalate to a supervisor at Juniper-
Start with the Please recode letter and send written dispute to TU.

If you don't get the results you want... come back and we can come up with next actions.

@Anonymous wrote:
I only applied once! They pulled TU on 9/19, 9/27, and 9/30 - all hard inqs!

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks.

Message 48 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Timothy.
Message 49 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let me get this straight.  A CA has PP to pull a CR on me at any time?  Or do they have to have a signed statement by me allowing them to pull one. 

I had a agency ARS, call me to "discuss" a situation, and the agent on the other end of the line was looking over my credit report as we spoke.  Is this legit?
Message 50 of 107
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.