Did you mean: 

Non Authorized Inq Letter

tag
Veee
Frequent Contributor

Re: Non Authorized Inq Letter

@Anonymous wrote:

@Veee wrote:

Thoxsie has a ? up ^ there too, didn't want you to read just my question and miss there's.

My questions ... 3 different senarios ... Will OP letter work for any of these?

1) DB and I went to rooms to go and purchased some stuff.  We tried getting credit first (not me I was deceased at the time) DB's credit didn't work.  Fine, they asked us if we wanted to try and run it through one other option and we told them NO, they did it anyway. 

The add'l INQ's with not authorized.  I'm not sure what your saying here but we did not authorize them to try a second time and they did it anyway.

2) When I registred my daughter into college she was only 17 so the bank account they told her she had to get, I had to be on it.  Fine, but there is a hard pull on my credit from them, Suntrust.

They had PP (like it or not) When DW and I opened our last check account the CU only pulled my credit.

3) I resently open another account with my CU, joint we DB and they hard pulled on us both. This wasn't a credit card it was a savings account, we didn't apply for any credit.

Joint=responsible =You applied for credit= PP

If you were only being added as an AU- I would not have expected a hard.

Thanks,

Veee

Myfico scores as of 11/12/08 TU 750 EX 722

MyFico scores as of 9/20/08 TU 638 EX 663 EQ 691
Message 71 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

[This is a semi-frivolous post on thus topic, but I didn't know anything about the 14 day window, and I wasted a lot of it waiting to see what HSBC had to say to me about re-fi on a balloon mortgage with them.] (Ecuse errorsI have been havign lots of troulle withspelling and typing, between feeling of crisis, and my cat being severly ill (she was put down today, I just can't write posts well)

Hmmm...

I haven't read this entire thread.  And indeed, I did give permission for the inquiry.  However, HSBC vcalled me,  I was  told that they [HSBC] couldn't discuss any rates without the inquiry.  HSBC website says that the credit is pulled AFTER  I have applied for a loan.   I am wondering how I could have applied for a loan, when I didn't know what products they had.  And I did not call them, they solicited me.

And when I spoke to the woman's manager, I said that I wanted to know ALL of my options.  When I met with this woman to discuss the loans, she refused to show me rates for 2nd morthgages saying they were "too expensive"  (as opposed to applying for a loan where I need to borrow an additional 7K @ a 5% Loan origination fee?  )  I also wanted to discuss unsecured products, and they didn't discuss those with me either.

[Wouldn't it be great if HSBC would cooporate with me, by giving me about 5K, (about how many times this happened to me in the past year.  Then I could use it to pay down my impending $22 K balloon.  Now this would be truly creative re-financing of my balloon!]

Message 72 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am about to send this letter to a CA that pulled my wife's Experian report because at the time, they were collecting for the OC, but I immediately had the OC pull the accounts back from collections, and I want to verify that they did not have PP.  They pulled her credit, then called, and never mentioned they did the pull, and they will not be able to validate (The DV letter will go out very soon, too).

Also, the letter states that they have one day to remove the inquiry.  What is the next step if they do not comply?  Thanks! 

Message 73 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am going to send this letter to a CA that is way out of SOL (1997 cc debt).  They hard pulled DH's CR 10/08.  I do not think this they have PP to do this.  What is stopping them from pulling our CR every couple of years after the SOL is past?
Message 74 of 107
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Cher wrote:
I am going to send this letter to a CA that is way out of SOL (1997 cc debt).  They hard pulled DH's CR 10/08.  I do not think this they have PP to do this.  What is stopping them from pulling our CR every couple of years after the SOL is past?

They have PP to pull hard or soft if they are trying to collect on a valid acct. But since the SOL has passed, there is nothing they can do legally to make you pay.

It wouldn't hurt to send the non-auth inq letter anyway. If they send you a notice DV them and they will go away.

Message 75 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I am about to send this letter to a CA that pulled my wife's Experian report because at the time, they were collecting for the OC, but I immediately had the OC pull the accounts back from collections, and I want to verify that they did not have PP.  They pulled her credit, then called, and never mentioned they did the pull, and they will not be able to validate (The DV letter will go out very soon, too).

Also, the letter states that they have one day to remove the inquiry.  What is the next step if they do not comply?  Thanks! 

Bump

I don't think the company is going to remove the inq.  What do I do next if they don't, file a claim in small claims court?

Message 76 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump.

It's still on her report.  File complaints with AGs, FTC and BBB, or lawsuit?

Message 77 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

YOU are THE BOMB!  Couldn't have said it better myself!!  Though, I need to learn to write letters for myself with less emotion.I have a stack I did thisweekend... but still sitting here, as I am afraid tosend to re-act  the original if that is possible...  Expressly for PP on old OLDER than 7.5 years still reporting.   Still learning how to know if they are hard or soft, on TU it just lists all of them... Thanks for this tip!  I have several of these, expressly from CBinnovis... ****.... anyway

a BIG Thanks!

Message 78 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

To Tuscani--I have one question, trying to stay within theTOS, that I am learning- how come we can't post for a site that can get a pettition for the wrongs we experience  for the favor of the consumer to send it to impress upon our "leaders" to make changes in our (consumers) favor regarding tiping the scales that of credit equality? I think that there are many more issues that need to be brought to light. Even as far as the no FICO report after the 13th???  I know that there are power in numbers!   You and a few others is apparent you see the same things repeatedly happen...Just a thought.
Message 79 of 107
getnthere
Valued Member

I have multiple inquiries from the same unauthorized inquirer, is each offense worth $1000 or are they considered one offense?

Impossible is only impossible at the end of time, when you can no longer do anything.
Message 80 of 107
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.