Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non CHEXSYSTEMS & TELECHECK Banks?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Non CHEXSYSTEMS & TELECHECK Banks?

Does anyone have a list or possibly just a lead on a bank that does not check with CHEXSYSTEMS & TELECHECK ?   My acct was closed 8 months ago, all fees paid all checks paid but of course no one will open me up a new acct. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42
LuvsRetro
Frequent Contributor

Re: Non CHEXSYSTEMS & TELECHECK Banks?

I resolved this issue for my brother last year by opening an account in a small business name.  You just need to get a TIN from IRS.  You can use your name and add LLC to the end.   It is relatively cheap. 
10/01/2017 myFico EQ-778 TU-793 EX-781
11/01/2017 myFico EX-799, Barclays 11-4 Reported: EQ-796 TU-826 EX-799
Message 2 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think all of fdic banks use one or the other..can you imagine an abusive person opening bank accounts everywhere without these safety measures.. It would be a disaster...
So don't think there are any at all in the usa......
i don't know if the online banks will be less forgiving..........nevertheless......its a decision that the banks have to make as to whether or not they will open an account for you...
If you only want a savings account then......you may be able to get it open regardless of what is reported on chexsystems and telecheck...
ask before you apply ...
I belive the wait for that is 5 years before it is removed...if different someone out there can let me know...;

Message 3 of 43
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Have you ordered your TeleCheck printout?  You can order online, but they mail it, so it takes five days.

CharterOne has online banking & will allow you to pay payments from your savings account.  I don't know if they do TeleCheck, but it is a soft on the CR.
Message 4 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

i'm reading that some banks are offering "second chance" acct's targeted to people in Chexsystems.
one I keep seeing is Wells Fargos' "opportunity checking"
Has anyone got any info on this? Thank you all for the input
peace
Message 5 of 43
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

I googled the Wells Fargo account you speak of, and came-up with this answer from Yahoo Answers. See link below. Good luck.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061004135345AAydcy6
Message 6 of 43
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Go to the bank that you had the ODs with and ask them to remove you from ChexSystems. In my experience, oftentimes banks will be willing to remove you from ChexSystems if they have been PIF. Just make sure that you are talking to someone with the authority to do so, not the CSR or receptionist at the front desk necessarily.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 43
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Speak to the bank manager.  What you 'might' want to do is stop by a couple of branches and scope out the managers.  The one closest to my office has a manager who is just terrific and bends over backward to help anyway he can. 

It may also help to open up a little 'cd' with them as a gw gesture.
Message 8 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I opened a checking and savings at my local Chase branch. I had closed a bank with hibernia, now capital one, and paid a check that went through after I had closed. (But of course it was sent to chexsystems since the account was closed and incurred a fee)  I had assumed my time was up with chexsystems, but not so. I just applied for a saving's at CCCU and they denied me due to the paid capital one account. I am not sure if Chase just doesn't use it or if I slipped through somehow.
Message 9 of 43
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

Chexsystems claims the info stays on your report for 5 years, that's what's stated on the info that came with my report I ordered from them. You can get one free a year like your CR. I just faxed them my info a copy of my id, and got my report in 5 days.
Message 10 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.