cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non Updated Reporting - Synchrony / Chevron

tag
sbmechanics

Non Updated Reporting - Synchrony / Chevron

I am an authorized user on a Synchrony / Chevron card, and have been for 10 years, starting when it was managed by GE.

In reviewing my credit reports in early 2014, I discovered that this account was reporting correctly on Experian and TransUnion, but not showing at all on Equifax.  At the same time, my father, whose named is similar to mine, asked me to help him pull his credit reports.  I discovered that my Chevron account was appearing on his Equifax report.  He disputed it, and they deleted the trade line from his report. 

The dispute somehow triggered GE / Synchrony to cancel my card and they then removed the trade line from all three reports.  When I was added back to the card, Experian was reporting correctly, and still does.  The trade line still does not appear on my Equifax report, and on TransUnion, it has not updated since I was added back to the card, 7 months ago (the line appears “frozen in time").

I called GE / Synchrony, and they say they are reporting the data to all three bureaus every month.  Equifax, on the phone and in writing, said that I would need to send them my Equifax report where the data previously appeared (I obviously can’t do this as they put the data on another person's report, so I’ve never had it on mine).  TransUnion says their report is accurate with “the most up to date data.”  I filed with the CFPB for GE / Synchrony, Equifax, and TransUnion, and all three took the same stance in their responses.  I contacted the Attorney General for assistance, and the responses are the same: back and forth finger pointing between the bureaus and GE / Synchrony. 

Any suggestions on how to get this fixed?  I suspect GE / Synchrony is reporting the data, and that the bureaus are not acting, but that’s just a gut instinct.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
dursty87
Established Contributor

Re: Non Updated Reporting - Synchrony / Chevron

I don't think anyone is in violation as there is no requirement that I am aware of that requires creditors to report period. Not sure how you could go about getting it back on there.
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Non Updated Reporting - Synchrony / Chevron

This might be an opportunity for you to reevaluate whether you even want the AU to continue to report to your file.

What is your present score? 

As long as you have an AU reporting to your credit report, your score will not be a representation of your own risk, and thus might not be given full weight in any app for credit.

If they dont do a manual review and rely only on your score, then it wont be a factor.  That is common when rebuilding, where apps normally relate to lower principal and credit limits.

However, once you have established sound credit, the AU can be a disadvantage if you app for higher levels of credit that normally involve a manual review.

Upon seeing an AU in your report, that automatically tells them that your score is not representative of only your own credit history.

Do you really need the AU after ten years of your own history?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.