Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not My Address

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not My Address

When I pulled my CR last month there was an address in Utah that is not mine (never even been to Utah before). There was also a student loan with ACS I was not aware of and a bankruptcy in Utah on the Experian report. Well, the student loan was mine (I thought Sallie Mae owned all my student loans) but they had been sending my bills to the address in Utah. The bankruptcy in not mine, it is for the person that lives at that Utah address and has the same name as me. But he has a different SSN and DOB. I disputed the BK and it was deleted. I changed the address with ACS to my address and they agreed to remove the 90 day late remarks on my CR. The address was deleted from my EQ and TU file but Experian will not delete it. They say that ACS is still reporting it, but I am now getting my bills from them at my correct address. Then, 10 days after the BK was deleted, a judgement for child support for the same person in Utah was added to my file. How do I get them to remove the address so I can stop having this person's public records added to my file? I talked to someone at the courthouse in Utah and she told me the person has a lot of judgements.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Not My Address

Since it is NOT your address, nor have you ever lived there, then you can dispute it and they have to take it off - it is not a valid address and if they refuse then ask them to provide proof that you live there. I am sure that the FCRA contains a few things you could point out that they are in violation of. You could also tell Experian you plan to sue for ruining your credit with invalid information and refusing to remove it. It won't stand up in court since you never lived there before and they know it, they will most likely delete. Also, call ACS and verify that they aren't reporting the Utah address to any of the CRAs, if they say they aren't then you can also ask Experian to provide proof, which they must do by law if requested. Good Luck!
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just spoke to Experian and they can not remove the address until the judgement has been removed. They also say that ACS is still reporting the address. I just got off an hour long phone call with ACS regarding the issue. Since they were mailing my statements to Utah, I did not know my student loan payments were due to them. My credit reports (with the exception of EQ because the prior paying history was removed when I didputed) report that I was 90 days past due. I was told by two seperate reps at ACS the paying history would be removed. Well now I am being told that the information will not be removed. Some manager is going to talk to the credit department and call me back Monday with more information. What sort of legal rights do I have since they changed my address without my authorization?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is ACS a collection agency? I'm curious how they got that address.

As long as a creditor is reporting the address, the CRA will not remove. It is the creditor at fault.

If they have reported the information AFTER you alerted them it was incorrect, they are in violation for knowingly reporting inaccurate information.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

ACS is a servicer of student loans. They tell me they got the address from a change of address notification from the post office. I have never filled out a change of address and my permanent mailing address is the same as in 2002 when I got the loan. I alerted them that the address was incorrect and gave them the correct address on 2/25. Experian told me they last updated to them on 3/11.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.