cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not all my friends are on the wrong track! Good news.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not all my friends are on the wrong track! Good news.

A college aged friend that I helped straighten out her finances was able to save enough money to pay off all old debt, her CA agreed to remove her only collection, and she just got a CAP1 card with $19 Annual fee. We tried to remove other old lates but lenders are refusing to remove them. Another success story. She is going to set up auto pay from the cc company and always keep a min $$ in her bank account to ensure min payment is always made. Auto min pay is the only way to go IMO! I call it insurance.

I am seeing a strong trend. It's not really about credit reports, but more so about how people manage their finances. She had no way of tracking her spending, didn't know basic money management. All of the people I saw have trouble that could not get out, had these same money management problems. When I taught her money management, she was able to become independent living on her own with money to spare. Simple really, I made her put aside her rent/food/car money in to a separate bank account the day she got her pay checks. The rest of the money was to save or spend. Well, she still blows all her other money, but now she separates the money she needs so she always has her basics paid. In time she will lean I hope to control spending. She spends until the account runs dry, but never touches the other back account with her UTL money. Smiley Happy That's all she needed.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Not all my friends are on the wrong track! Good news.

That is wonderful news pizza!!

Your other story was very sad.

I am glad this friend is atleast getting on the right track. It's not easy at times to change spending habits.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

great story pizza!!! I hope to have a similar story of myself someday!
Message 3 of 7
Dawn
Established Contributor

I have a 19 year old that would probably listen to you before he listens to me.  Can I send him over? Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dawn wrote:
I have a 19 year old that would probably listen to you before he listens to me.  Can I send him over? Smiley Wink

Yes, I agree, I would like to send DD who is 21 and clueless and DH who is 29 and even MORE clueless!! Smiley Tongue
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree-
Until I took over the checkbook and started tracking everything- We had a mess-  
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG   LMAO   did you say send HIM  over????  We had a thread going here awhile back & almost everyone here was female!!!!!!!!

Mom, G/f or wife will do it.  But they take the time & have no trouble eating,spending or handing out their CC. They are very good at asking mom & dad for a loan (that never comes due)

You might see some of us say the PROs. Some ARE men but most of the forum is woman.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.